1986 2560 Trophy Blue Hull color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 2560 Trophy Blue Hull color

Whats the best way to bring back the color on this model 2560. Its like a blue/grey color that fades to an greyish white due to oxidation. I dont want to use any harsh compound rubbing polish or make a un-uniform mess as I try to bring back the color and shine... Any suggestions??? Thanks :-)

You will have to polish. I have the same blue and it was almost grey white due to age. I used a green scrubby sponge with some barkeepers friend and this cleaned it up real nice and takes off most of the oxidation. Then finish up with some rubbing compound to bring back the shine. Your gel coat is really thick so don't worry too much.

Comment

AJgang wrote:
      Whats the best way to bring back the color on this model 2560. Its like a blue/grey color that fades to an greyish white due to oxidation. I dont want to use any harsh compound rubbing polish or make a un-uniform mess as I try to bring back the color and shine... Any suggestions??? Thanks :-)
      http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...-and-polishing
      Matt Train
      BOC Site Team
      Chicagoland, IL

Comment

There is no magical rub on one step chemical that brings it back.

Who the heck would buy a buffer and buff and polish for days if there were such a magic polish?

It takes time, lots of time. No skill really, just time.

I bought a polisher at Harbor Freight for like 30 bucks and did one side of my boat so far. It took a whole day to polish that side. Still have to do the other side and then repeat with wax.

All those magic co-polymer aerospace flux capacitor wipe on wipe off polishes that they sell at car shows and boat shows? Crap. $60 a bottle crap.

So, decide if you want to spend a few days polishing it, or spend probably several hundred dollars to have someone do it for you, or just leave it alone like I did on my older boat.

Comment

After the abrasive sponge and barkeepers friend I went and got some basic liquid automotive (cheaper) polish and used my polisher and sponge pad on low speed today. This was less than one hour to do one side. It needs more but it looks so much better already.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/704745=29787-blue stripe.JPG[/img]

Comment

trophyboat wrote:
            After the abrasive sponge and barkeepers friend I went and got some basic liquid automotive (cheaper) polish and used my polisher and sponge pad on low speed today. This was less than one hour to do one side. It needs more but it looks so much better already.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG[/img]
            Wow! what a shine! and you used automotive polish? NICE!

Comment

Mine was just as dull and gray as yours. Polishing really brings gel coat back nice.

Comment

Hello my boat lovin friends. I'm at my wits end trying to setup my 1986 2560 trophy sedanbridge on a used trailer I brought recently. Should I replace old rollers that are falling apart or go with bunk set up. Balancing is another issue. How much trailer tongue weight for a 5700lb boat?

Comment

Working...
                X