1988 Bayliner Capri 1900 Cuddy with a 125 Force motor? NEW!-gctid400649

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 Bayliner Capri 1900 Cuddy with a 125 Force motor? NEW!-gctid400649

I just got my 1988 Bayliner Capri registered today, and I think what I put in the thread is the right kind I have. I'm not 100% sure though, as I got it for free with no owners manual and very little paperwork.

I am new to boating and really don't know too much about my new boat. For starters does anyone know how many gallons the gas tank holds? Want to make sure I put the right oil mixture in.

Also any other advice that I should be aware of or important things to remember for the first time I taker her out would be helpful.

Thanks . . . there are some pics of the boat on my profile if y'all want to check out the beauty first hand.

Welcome

For the mixture, the best way to do it is to pick up a couple 5 gallon gas cans and premix the fuel/oil. You can use any type of siphon hose to get it in the boat. Mine has a little copper fitting on the end with a glass ball inside it, you just shake it up and down a bit to get the siphon created to transfer fuel out of the gas can. I have no idea how large the gas tank is though, but I know one way to find out Run it till it's empty, then fill 'er up to the brim.

Easier way is to buy gas cans and siphon all the gas out, then refill it

Comment

Thanks for the reply.I think the tank is almost completely empty. The boat sat in storage for the last four years, but I think the boat shop put a little in just to get the motor running. I know the mixture is suppose to be 50:1 but was not sure how many gallons the tank can hold.So far from my research of similar models and years I think the tank should hold somewhere around the 25-28 gallon area but I will find out soon enough. Maybe I should buy a manual.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/704529=29770-IMAG0438.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/704529=29771-IMAG0439.jpg[/img]

Comment

Looks good! Manuals are always good, but you can't beat experience and first hand knowledge.

Comment

Chief Alen

I pumped all the fuel out of my onboard fuel tank when i got it.

You can do one of 2 things, pump the water out of the bottom, or all the fuel out and here is how.

If you just wish to pump just the water out of the bottom of the fuel, you will need to purchase a cheap electric fuel pump from any auto store dc powered.

You will also need about 15 foot of cheap fuel hose from the auto store and clamps to fit the fuel pump.

Install the hose on the fuel pump both ends and cut about five feet on the sucking side of the pump just look for the arrow on the pump.

Remove the fuel pickup tube it's the one where the fuel hose hooks to the tank a 90 degree angel fitting, it's a anti-siphon valve. Unscrew it.

Crank the bow of the boat all the way up, and stick the hose connected to the electric fuel pump 5 feet into the bottom and back of the tank.

Into a clear container pump the water out till you see clean fresh fuel and stop the pump.

Or into a large container pump all the fuel out.

Now check the valve by blowing thru it, check the screen thats its clear.

Install the valve and pickup tube your done.

Question do you have a fuel water separator on the boat, good to have.

Good luck !

Copied and pasted here from another site i used to post to.
          Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

I recently got an 88 Capri. Needs new flooring as i am in the process of doing so i found out mine has a 33 gal. tank in it. I have the outboard 125 force motor. Maybe this will help some.

Comment

The first thing I do with any new boat is by a shop manual for it.:arr

Congrats, nice looking boat. I know you want to know how big the fuel tank is, but the mixture is based on how much fuel you put in, not how much the tank will hold.

Comment

Fish-a-Palooza wrote:
                The first thing I do with any new boat is by a shop manual for it.:arr

Congrats, nice looking boat. I know you want to know how big the fuel tank is, but the mixture is based on how much fuel you put in, not how much the tank will hold.

Pay attention here. Very important.

Doug
                Started boating 1955
                Number of boats owned 32
                Bayliners
                3870 presently owned
                Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Working...
                X