Seattle Boat Show...-gctid348128

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seattle Boat Show...-gctid348128

We saw, we came, we conquered... starting at 8 at IHOP for breakfast with fellow BOC'ers and IBoatNW'ers, we hit the show at opening of 10 AM. Got through all the big boats and toured the vendors, ran into Pau Hana at his boat insurance kiosk and entered every contest we could find. Did not have to buy much for the boat and we just bought stuff like a can of baby wipe kind of material for removing tar, magic marker, etc. Also found some stainless steel firewire skewers for the BBQ. Other than that, found some beautiful boats. I really liked the new Cutwater 28. Very unique designs built in like cockpit seats that fold out over the sides of the hull, a transom seat that folds to face forward or rear to watch from the swim step. It also had a nice secondary controls for the engine and steering in the cockpit. had forward and stern thrusters as standard. Weighed in at 6,500 pounds and was 8'6" wide and made to trailer. In fact, it has integral rear trailer lights built into the stern corners. Nice layout interior including the standard fridge, a wine cooler, full electric stove and oven, sink, electric head and shower, flat screen TV in forward berth, yanmar 260 diesel, 100 gal fuel, 40 gal water and 30 gal black water, electric hatch over the engine, winch, bow sprint with built in beach ladder, lots of hatches in the cockpit and forward berth, un real amount of storage and a double berth under the dinette. Anyway, fell in love with that 28.here is the website and a few photos:http://www.cutwaterboats.com/We then hit the in water portion of the show around 2PM and did many walk throughs... finished up at Daniels Broiler...

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/650930=24382-IMG_0002.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/650930=24383-IMG_0009.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/650930=24384-IMG_0011.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/650930=24385-IMG_0013.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/650930=24386-IMG_0014.jpg[/img]
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

I bought some of that Dyan Wipe for boaters, interesting to see how well it works. I've got some tar on one of my lines, hope it takes it off. It smells like the orange stuff, not Goof Off but something similar, but can't remember the name.

Went to both wet and dry shows, more of interest to me at the wet one.

BUT, I did see a Merdian 41 at a list price of $1.7million-what are they smoking?? It was boat show discounted to $1.1, but I wonder what the real price is if you sat down with them? $1.7 or even $1.1 will buy you some amazing boats these days-not that I'm in the league!

Machog
    1996 4087 Lazy Days
    2011 11’ West Marine Rib 350 Lazy Mac
    2011 Porsche Cayman
    2010 Lexus IS 250C
    2008 Honda Ridgeline

Comment

That Cutwater 28 looks pretty neat.....what did they price it at for the show?

Comment

The Cutwater at the show was $169,000 and had the optional stern controls in the aft cockpit, fold out gunwale seats and live fish well on the transom with some additional goodies I don't recall. It was about $10k less than normal price...
        Doug ;}
        "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

What did you think of the new Ranger Tug R-31 with the flybridge helm? I have a 2000, 2858 and was curious about it.

Comment

we got to the lake union show at opening....wandered thru all the boats we wanted to see....the show seemed alot smaller than a the past few yrs.....carver is back but boy howdy!!...the one they were trying to push was aweful.....fit and finish was terrible....cheap looking vineer........just way too much crap installed on it to try and get people interested.....

we did see a couple that we liked...but they were out of our price range....

after lunch at joey's...we went to the dry show.....pretty nice..met up with pau hana at his booth...finally got to meet scott at national marine......nice to put faces to names.....headed on home by 6pm....

:arr arr

Comment

Nine years ago....Seattle Boat Show, January 2003.

That's Doug in the blue sweatshirt, far left - and that's me in the red jacket almost next to him.
              Mike P
              The Bahamas
              Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.

Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Comment

We just made it home. I wished that the Sea Breacher crew would have been giving rides at Lake Union.

Comment

OK, AFTER we win the lottery, It's the Nordhavn for us. My gosh what a boat! Actually more of a castle of a boat and it's only like 1.8mil, hard to believe it's that affordable, or was that the Riveria? I get so confused down there. The Nordhavn we boarded was the 63ft'r. Approximately a 3500 mile range. It would take us all the way down to PV. Beginning in Seattle with a down jacket and ending up near the equator in a thong. Well, not me but maybe the wife..

Vicki and I really enjoyed dinner at Daniels and meeting the other BOC'rs. We didn't get a chance to meet everybody but Doug's as nice a guy as you could ever meet.. Also Toni and Leila. (Celtic Knot) Vicki really enjoyed Leila's company. Then there was the other Toni, a great guy, and his boys. Twins they were, could not tell them apart. Great company, good food and I/we look forward to next year.

Comment

law950 wrote:
                    What did you think of the new Ranger Tug R-31 with the flybridge helm? I have a 2000, 2858 and was curious about it.
                    I'm mixed. I really like the entire line of Ranger tugs, and the R-31 is a great addition to the line. I could see driving from the flybridge could get a bit tippy with the narrow beam of the tug (10'). That being said, it's an absolute deal in its class of boat- under $300k very well equipped.

ChrisR wrote:
                    OK, AFTER we win the lottery, It's the Nordhavn for us. My gosh what a boat! Actually more of a castle of a boat and it's only like 1.8mil, hard to believe it's that affordable, or was that the Riveria? I get so confused down there. The Nordhavn we boarded was the 63ft'r. Approximately a 3500 mile range. It would take us all the way down to PV. Beginning in Seattle with a down jacket and ending up near the equator in a thong. Well, not me but maybe the wife..

Nordhavn- gun turret optional. The 55' is at $1.2m asking, and some haggling may get it down to sub $1m...........

Comment

law950 wrote:
                      well, I like the 31 but I think the fly bridge is too small width wise. They could have easily brought it to the edge of the top but did not. I think they did that to keep the weight down because of the narrow beam and the tendency to roll with the high center of gravity...

Stratocaster wrote:

That's Doug in the blue sweatshirt, far left - and that's me in the red jacket almost next to him.
                      And that is Strat in the Red rain coat knelling in front of me... (LOL)... that was when were allowed to tail gate but we can't any more... They got way too big...

Strat, if you recall, I had a keg of fresh beer that day too.

ChrisR wrote:

Vicki and I really enjoyed dinner at Daniels and meeting the other BOC'rs. We didn't get a chance to meet everybody but Doug's as nice a guy as you could ever meet.. Also Toni and Leila. (Celtic Knot) Vicki really enjoyed Leila's company. Then there was the other Toni, a great guy, and his boys. Twins they were, could not tell them apart. Great company, good food and I/we look forward to next year.
                      Yep they are all great people... The boys are Mario and Joseph... I know I had a great time because we had a bunch of great people to share our day with. Looking forward to getting together again.

The next event I am planning is a memorial day weekend at Bremerton. Its a great weekend with lots to do, they have car shows and all kinds of events in town. We also reserve Anthony's for Sunday evening for an all the Dungeness crab we can eat... I think Mike (SomeSailor) and I tied last year... This year Memorial weekend will be the 26-28 May. So start planning now. I have reserved 10 slips @ $5/slip reservation fee. If you take a slip, it'll cost ya the $5 to me in cash or a beverage worthy of the reservation fee... :hypnotysed:
                      Doug ;}

sigpic

Comment

Stratocaster wrote:

Tim, Doug, Bob, Giselle, Mike, Jonna, Dane, Mike, Tony, Matt, LeAnne, Virginia, Roy, Mike .. and a couple others...
                        Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

we musta been eating brats and drinking beer in the background.
                          Tally and Vicki
                          "Wickus" Meridian 341
                          MMSI 338014939

Comment

That was the last year they let us tailgate in the North Lot. Those were sure fun.
                            Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Working...
                            X