Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge storm, Navigation Light Cover Missing (2000 2855)-gctid400134

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Huge storm, Navigation Light Cover Missing (2000 2855)-gctid400134

    We had a very strong storm come in from an unusual Northeast to Southwest direction a few weeks ago. Some marinas are exposed when storms come in from this direction.See the damage to a nearby marina here: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/ju...marina-from-5/My marina's northernmost dock actually disconnected during the storm. These are the large 80 foot slips with very nice boats. Thankfully no boats were damaged significantly.Anyway - when I came to my boat, the only damage I observed was the cover on the green navigation light (on the starboard bow) missing. The red light was intact and working fine. I put a new bulb in the green light and it functioned just fine. So it looks like all I need is the white cover and green lens. The problem is that, being a 2000 model boat, it's hard to find OEM.. especially just a part of a package (i.e. I don't want to buy two new nav lights, I just would like the cover for one). I went to baylinerparts.com and found my part # (60225 which is now part #794826). According to Sea Ray, you can only buy the complete set, which is $81 plus tax & handling.Are there any 2855 owners (2000, and maybe 2001 & 2002 models) that replaced their nav lights and are willing to sell their parts? Or, is there a place online that has a cheaper OEM cover or set? I am really trying to avoid getting a new set altogether. Just makes better financial sense.I don't have a good picture of the actual nav lights. They have a white cover, 2 in total, horizontal mount. Very similar to this:

    [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/703826=29691-Fig 0253 Wht-Red.jpg[/img]

    #2
    I had the same thing with my 2001-2455.

    For what it is worth: After looking everywhere, including junkyards, I finally gave up on finding anything useful and ordered a complete set through the closest Bayliner/SeaRay dealer. I paid the $80+ bucks and saved all the usable bits and pieces off of the old set for future use, if needed.

    Comment


      #3
      I just had to replace mine on my '97 2855. Got it at West Marine for 40 bucks.

      Mine was a direct replacement/fit by Perko

      Bow Lights

      Comment


        #4
        Lizard wrote:
        I just had to replace mine on my '97 2855. Got it at West Marine for 40 bucks.

        Mine was a direct replacement/fit by Perko

        http://"http://www.westmarine.com/we... /> Bow Lights
        Lizard, I'm guessing yours is a bi-color light (just one light housing) vs. two seperate lights?

        Comment


          #5
          as Brunswick owns the Attwood brand they use them on the boats. The best chance to find a replacement is to look at the Attwood site and then use the part number to google for a good deal. Like "Attwood ".

          When I look for replacement parts I first check the Brunswick brands, go there and do the above.

          Great Lakes Skipper sometimes carries left over (older) parts too which are no longer manufactured.

          Comment


            #6
            I believe it is actually a Perko light. (Perhaps a prior owner changed them out?). I recall seeing 'Perko' listed on the cap somewhere.. I can't verify until I'm out there next weekend.

            kjs wrote:
            as Brunswick owns the Attwood brand they use them on the boats. The best chance to find a replacement is to look at the Attwood site and then use the part number to google for a good deal. Like "Attwood ".

            When I look for replacement parts I first check the Brunswick brands, go there and do the above.

            Great Lakes Skipper sometimes carries left over (older) parts too which are no longer manufactured.

            Comment


              #7
              I lost the cover on my perko bow light as well. I didn't lose the lense though. I just bought the same bi-colored perko light and used the plastic cover. Was cheaper than buying both. You could buy the bicolored light would save you from buying both and just black out the red lense. Should fit exactly the same. I think it was around 25 for the bi-colored light. Or always the pefect time to upgrade both to some leds.

              http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perko-Horizo...100371&vxp=mtr

              Comment


                #8
                KnoxBoater wrote:
                Lizard, I'm guessing yours is a bi-color light (just one light housing) vs. two seperate lights?
                Phttp://"http://www.westmarine.com/we...1#.UAVYl5HfJ8Eerko bow light

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thanks for the responses. I ended up getting the set (2 lights) at JMS Online: http://www.jmsonline.net/12v-side-li...ite-1pr-cd.htm

                  The single bi-color light mentioned above was the same model, but I needed one with green-only. (I suppose I could have painted the red part black). It was only $55 shipped and in case something happens down the road, I have one (and a half) pieces for replacement.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    KnoxBoater wrote:
                    We had a very strong storm come in from an unusual Northeast to Southwest direction a few weeks ago. Some marinas are exposed when storms come in from this direction.See the damage to a nearby marina here: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/ju...marina-from-5/My marina's northernmost dock actually disconnected during the storm. These are the large 80 foot slips with very nice boats. Thankfully no boats were damaged significantly.Anyway - when I came to my boat, the only damage I observed was the cover on the green navigation light (on the starboard bow) missing. The red light was intact and working fine. I put a new bulb in the green light and it functioned just fine. So it looks like all I need is the white cover and green lens. The problem is that, being a 2000 model boat, it's hard to find OEM.. especially just a part of a package (i.e. I don't want to buy two new nav lights, I just would like the cover for one). I went to baylinerparts.com and found my part # (60225 which is now part #794826). According to Sea Ray, you can only buy the complete set, which is $81 plus tax & handling.Are there any 2855 owners (2000, and maybe 2001 & 2002 models) that replaced their nav lights and are willing to sell their parts? Or, is there a place online that has a cheaper OEM cover or set? I am really trying to avoid getting a new set altogether. Just makes better financial sense.I don't have a good picture of the actual nav lights. They have a white cover, 2 in total, horizontal mount. Very similar to this:

                    http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]
                    Knoxboater: That picture looks exactly like the nav lights on my 2007 325. Griff

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X