Do I have a problem? :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have a problem? :)

So I love buying boat stuff. One of the happiest feelings I have is to complete a project for my boats. I make everything from scratch for the projects I do. I put quite a bit of money into them but they turn out great. I just finished the bathroom base cabinet in my cruiser. I have other plans like putting a larger pad over the back railing out of 2X6s covered with foam mattress topper and white vinyl. I also plan to make and place a 6 foot long 5 ft wide bow deck sun pad to relax on.....I wonder if it is an obsession.... Do I have a problem?

Attached files
    1994 Bayliner Capri 1850, 3 liter Mercruiser, 9.9 Johnson kicker.
    1987 Wellcraft Antigua 265, Mercruiser 383 Stroker V8.
    Pulls with Ext. Cab 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 HD

Of course you do! Ain't it great? You can call it an obsession, but I prefer to call it creative expression. :silly:
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Comment

Well the way I look at it, if theres a Mrs and she's ok with it no problem. But I do have a problem with you, wheres the base cabinet pic. Tease us with a new project and no pics. Come on dock.:whistle:
      North Puget Sound/Camano Island
      1985 2460 Trophy
      VP280/305 Changing to 280/DP-350

Comment

The Mrs. and I have an agreement. She takes care of the inside of the house. I take care of the outside of the house, the lawn and the vehicles. We both take care of the kids and utilities. As long as everything is done I can buy and do what I want with the boats.

On the base cabinet its not completely done. I need to get it painted. Right now its still just wood. I have learned that the boat bathroom is not square at all so I had to modify this and cut a little bit of that there to make the cabinet. The bottom base of it is a essentially a shower bottom so the bathroom could have a shower but a previous owner removed that feature.... its tiny. Airplane bathroom tiny. So I made the cabinet to make the bathroom more usable. I'll get the photos on here as soon as I get it done.

Comment

Yes you have a problem. Most likely when you get your present boat like you want it, you will be in the market for another boat.

Beware.

Doug
          Started boating 1955
          Number of boats owned 32
          Bayliners
          3870 presently owned
          Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Dock this is not a problem. It's called a hobby! But get the boat in the water to keep it from becoming an obsession! The great thing about putting it in the water is it creates new problems and wants. See hobby...

Catch you on the waters in Ohio one of these days.
            Bayliner 195 Bowrider 2013 4.3l 220hp MPI
            Alpha 1, Gen II
            2012 Toyota Highlander V6 4wd with tow package
            Albany, Ohio

MMSI: 338234042

Beware the men of measured merriment
            (Sinclair Lewis, Arrowsmith, paraphrased)

Comment

And it appears that yes I do have a small problem. The nut that sits around the water intake hose for the bathroom sink fell back down the line into the side interior of the boat where I cannot get to let alone find first. Any one have any ideas how to pull the plastic nut back up the line about 5 or 6 feet? Or should I check out menards or lowes and talk to the plumbing department?

Comment

Nick sounds good man. I still haven't gotten this darn boat on the water since I bought it. Getting aggravating.

Comment

Try a fish tape to retrieve nut. You can make your own out of 12 or 14 ga copper wire. Might be worth a try....
                  2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
                  12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
                  MV Kia Orana
                  Currently Alameda CA

Comment

Yes. You have a problem. You willingly own more than one boat. We should all be so lucky!
                    Ted G
                    81 2555 Saratoga Sun Bridge
                    5.7 Volvo 290 DP OD
                    (soon 4 sale)

86 2850 Contessa
                    Mercury 350 Mag
                    290 Volvo DP

Comment

I worked ridiculously hard all year 2 years ago. I discussed it with my fianc├®. She said as long as you can afford it do it. My thought is I have the money now. This is my hobby. I wont buy another boat so these are my toys for life. I got too good of a deal for both. $3000 for the bayliner with trailer. $3800 for the wellcraft Antigua with a rebuilt 2 year old Merc 383 Stroker V8 with only 85 hours. $2400 for the trailer with the brand new tires, brakes, lines, surge brake actuator. So now I pay bills, save the money, provide for my family and figure out how to put the kids through college.

On the nut I went to Lowes. I paid $3.84 for a replacement. It worked out perfectly.

Comment

"dockofthebay" post=828982 wrote:
                        I worked ridiculously hard all year 2 years ago. I discussed it with my fianc├®. She said as long as you can afford it do it. My thought is I have the money now. This is my hobby. I wont buy another boat so these are my toys for life. I got too good of a deal for both. $3000 for the bayliner with trailer. $3800 for the wellcraft Antigua with a rebuilt 2 year old Merc 383 Stroker V8 with only 85 hours. $2400 for the trailer with the brand new tires, brakes, lines, surge brake actuator. So now I pay bills, save the money, provide for my family and figure out how to put the kids through college.

On the nut I went to Lowes. I paid $3.84 for a replacement. It worked out perfectly.
                        Dock, not sure nwboater62's comment was a criticism, but more about boat envy. I can relate. :lol:
                        "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
                        MMSI: 367637220
                        HAM: KE7TTR
                        TDI tech diver
                        BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
                        Kevin

Comment

I am so blessed. God apparently thinks I needed a hobby. Plus it keeps me out of my better half's hair. She'll tell me honey I love you but go work on your boat.......

Comment

Money can't buy me happiness.... but it can buy me a boat... and a truck to pull it.....

Comment

Working...
                            X