How do I clean my carpet headliner?-gctid827884

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I clean my carpet headliner?-gctid827884

Since I have been doing so much work on the inside of my cruiser the interior carpet headliner has gotten quite dingy. I've vacuumed it but it is still dingy. It's not terribly dirty. What can be used to clean a carpet headliner? I would like it to be the bright white it once was.
    1994 Bayliner Capri 1850, 3 liter Mercruiser, 9.9 Johnson kicker.
    1987 Wellcraft Antigua 265, Mercruiser 383 Stroker V8.
    Pulls with Ext. Cab 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 HD

I have used the spray on foam carpet cleaning stuff. Spray it on, scrub with a regular stiff bristle cleaning brush, let dry and vacuum the residue off. Not quite like new on my old stained up carpet but it is noticeably cleaner when done.

Greg
    Newport, Oregon
    South Beach Marina
    1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
    Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
    Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

I recently purchased a Carpet cleaner to do my own carpet cleaning on the boat. Most come with a hand tool so I used this to clean the "monkey fur" on the staterooms walls and headliner......and got very decent results. I was very careful to extract as much water as possible after the cleaning and scrubbing process so that it would reduce the chances of the adhesive giving way. I bought a Rug Doctor but you can simply rent a good machine and give it a good cleaning. Just make sure it comes with a hand tool.
      Alex
      Orange County, Ca.
      2001 3988
      Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

I used a carpet cleaner with hand tools as well, worked well as you can see the bits I missed!

Comment

Working...
        X