Boat on Fire in a False Creek Marina, Vancouver-gctid827492

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat on Fire in a False Creek Marina, Vancouver-gctid827492

Large yacht on fire at a marina in False Creek near Yaletown.

Click here
    Sea Venture
    2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
    Cruising the PNW and beyond.
    DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
    MMSI 316029971

Kirk
    Drinks well with others.

Just read the CBC news report. It is suspected to have been a floating meth lab. Not registered to anyone, described as a pirate boat.

Witnesses said there was an explosion inside the boat's cabin just before the occupant came out burned and screaming. Needles were abundant.

Greg
    Newport, Oregon
    South Beach Marina
    1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
    Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
    Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Brutal. All over downtown Vancouver there is a horrible burnt plastic type smell.....that explains where it is coming from!
      2014 Double Eagle 176EXL. But we are not done with Bayliner yet…this is just to get us to and from our cottage in the Gulf Islands.

Comment

Yikes, that's messed up!

Not that I know a whole lot about meth labs but a boat seems like the worst place for such activity. It seems an explosion would be imminent...
        1995 Bayliner 3587
        Twin Hino 250HP
        Located In Sidney BC, Canada

Comment

Just saw it on the news. Looked like a nice boat in a good Marina. It's possible that the early news release may have been incorrect.
          2014 Double Eagle 176EXL. But we are not done with Bayliner yet…this is just to get us to and from our cottage in the Gulf Islands.

Comment

Meth lab? Needles? LoL

I live and walk by this boat all the time, the story is it was struck by lightning this morning.
            2007 285
            350 mpi b3
            Vancouver BC

Comment

"Mr. Darcy" post=827500 wrote:
              Just read the CBC news report. It is suspected to have been a floating meth lab. Not registered to anyone, described as a pirate boat.

Witnesses said there was an explosion inside the boat's cabin just before the occupant came out burned and screaming. Needles were abundant.

Greg
              I don't see anything like that in my searches. C'mon, where did you read that? Post a link.
              Sea Venture
              DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
              MMSI 316029971

Kirk
              Drinks well with others.

Comment

[quote]"SprinterX" post=827529 wrote:

Greg
                I don't see anything like that in my searches. C'mon, where did you read that? Post a link.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...dles-1.3129831
                Newport, Oregon
                South Beach Marina
                Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
                Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

[quote]"Mr. Darcy" post=827532 wrote:
                  "SprinterX" post=827529 wrote:

Greg

Check the date.......................Jun 26, 2015
                  Sea Venture
                  DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
                  MMSI 316029971

Kirk
                  Drinks well with others.

Comment

[quote]"SprinterX" post=827534 wrote:
                    "Mr. Darcy" post=827532 wrote:
                    "SprinterX" post=827529 wrote:

Greg

Check the date.......................Jun 26, 2015
                    My bad...I just typed in "False Creek Boat Fire" didn't realize it was so.. common (?) Never thought to check the date... Pardon me, please
                    Newport, Oregon
                    South Beach Marina

Comment

"mlewis100" post=827522 wrote:
                      Yikes, that's messed up!

Not that I know a whole lot about meth labs but a boat seems like the worst place for such activity. It seems an explosion would be imminent...
                      In the perspective of the douche bag that produces meth, a boat is an excellent place to avoid lawn force meant, especially if it's anchored. They are big problem in Washington. They usually don't have prying neighbors, Coast Guard can't board it because it's not underway. And as long as they're not partying on it like idiots, and they keep a low profile, they remain under the radar. But stuff obviously happens these idiots because these are low-budget labs.
                      Esteban
                      Huntington Beach, California
                      2018 Element 16
                      Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida
                      Former Bayliners: 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

"green650" post=827615 wrote:
                        ... Coast Guard can't board it because it's not underway...
                        Actually, US Code Title 14 Section 89 grants the Coast Guard authority to board in any waters and does not make a distinction whether a boat is underway or not. While not that common, boardings by the Coast Guard while not underway do occur.

What many boaters don't realize is that the US coasties are in a sense the super cops of the country. They are the only agency that is specifically granted the right to board and inspect without probable cause. In other words, a boater's rights to unreasonable search and seizure under the 4th amendment do not really exist when the Coast Guard is involved.
                        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                        Anacortes, WA
                        Isla Verde, PR

Comment

Anybody hear the cause of the fire?
                          P/C Pete
                          Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
                          1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
                          Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
                          MMSI 367770440

Comment

Lightning was identified in the area at the time the fire was estimated to have started. Boat was hauled out later that afternoon so the investigation is underway.
                            Sea Venture
                            DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
                            MMSI 316029971

Kirk
                            Drinks well with others.

Comment

Working...
                            X