Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have problems with oxygen sensors on NEW Merc 350-gctid399931

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone have problems with oxygen sensors on NEW Merc 350-gctid399931

    I purchased a new (leftover) 2011 Ciera 2855 in Feb. I started using the boat in April. In June the first alarms sounded (6 seconds, followed by one every 60 seconds). The dealer replaced it. Then yesterday, July 14th it happened again.

    Questions;

    Is this common with with engine? The dealer told me they were having some issues with it.

    Is it ok to run the boat for short trips (under 8 miles) while I wait for repairs?

    Is there a cure for this problem so it doesn't continue to happen?

    Thanks

    Mike

    #2
    MikeACY wrote:
    I purchased a new (leftover) 2011 Ciera 2855 in Feb. I started using the boat in April. In June the first alarms sounded (6 seconds, followed by one every 60 seconds). The dealer replaced it. Then yesterday, July 14th it happened again.

    Questions;

    Is this common with with engine? The dealer told me they were having some issues with it.

    Is it ok to run the boat for short trips (under 8 miles) while I wait for repairs?

    Is there a cure for this problem so it doesn't continue to happen?

    Thanks

    Mike
    Not sure about the rest of the answers, but it's safe to run it without the oxygen sensor... you will probably see lower fuel economy as it may be operating in open loop mode if it's truly not getting a usable signal.

    Comment


      #3
      ishiboo wrote:
      Not sure about the rest of the answers, but it's safe to run it without the oxygen sensor... you will probably see lower fuel economy as it may be operating in open loop mode if it's truly not getting a usable signal.
      Thanks for the reply. I hope this isn't going to be a reoccuring problem. I believe this engine has 4 sensors. I was hoping for more input to see if this is a manufactor defect.

      Thanks again

      Mike

      Comment


        #4
        MikeACY wrote:
        Thanks for the reply. I hope this isn't going to be a reoccuring problem. I believe this engine has 4 sensors. I was hoping for more input to see if this is a manufactor defect.

        Thanks again

        Mike
        No problem. Never heard of that being a common problem, just the IAC really. Not a Merc guy though, even though I'm right in their backyard.

        I would check with a local respected Merc dealer who is not your dealer, and see what they say. Any part can go bad, but an O2 sensor can also die from something hitting it, like oil out the exhaust. Are there any notes on your bill about the reason for failure?

        Comment

        Working...
        X