Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubled50
    replied
    Good tips! I'll do the bilge pump and put the drive down before it's fully stored. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Doubled50
    replied
    "RGrew176" post=827220 wrote:
    You didn't say in your post but did you add Stabil then add fuel to get a good mix or did you just add the Stabil on top of the existing fuel.
    I just added it to my existing gas and let it run for 10 minutes or more.

Leave a comment:

• Chief_Alen
    replied
    Leave the drive fully down, raise the bow and pull the bilge plug, disconnect the battery.

Leave a comment:

• bhawes
    replied
    It's referable to change the oil now rather than leave the old oil and it's various contaminates in all winter to work on your internal engine parts. The new oil won't degrade during the winter and your motor wil thank you.

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    Perhaps read my entry in this post re; Engine Cylinder Fogging.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/in...as-stabilizers

Also, you may want to read my Camco do-it-yourself Winterizing Kit review and learn why adding antifreeze to the cylinder block/heads can be risky if you do not know exactly how it is to be done.

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3BD7X..._cr_pr_viewpnt

Leave a comment:

• RGrew176
    replied
    You didn't say in your post but did you add Stabil then add fuel to get a good mix or did you just add the Stabil on top of the existing fuel.

Leave a comment:

• Did I forget anything....winterizing?-gctid827145

So today I added Marine Stabil and let it run for about 10 minutes, then I sprayed the carburetor and each cylinder with fogger spray. I drained the engine of all water and filled it back up with antifreeze. Cleaned the bilge out and made sure it was dry and then I drained and changed the outdrive gear lube and finally vacuumed and cleaned the vinyl before putting the canvas top on. I waited on the oil change because I'd rather do it fresh in the spring. Also haven't removed the battery just yet, but it'll go on the tender for the winter. Anything else?

Working...
X