Did I forget anything....winterizing?-gctid827145

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I forget anything....winterizing?-gctid827145

So today I added Marine Stabil and let it run for about 10 minutes, then I sprayed the carburetor and each cylinder with fogger spray. I drained the engine of all water and filled it back up with antifreeze. Cleaned the bilge out and made sure it was dry and then I drained and changed the outdrive gear lube and finally vacuumed and cleaned the vinyl before putting the canvas top on. I waited on the oil change because I'd rather do it fresh in the spring. Also haven't removed the battery just yet, but it'll go on the tender for the winter. Anything else?

2001 Bayliner Capri 1950 CL

You didn't say in your post but did you add Stabil then add fuel to get a good mix or did you just add the Stabil on top of the existing fuel.
    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
    West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

Perhaps read my entry in this post re; Engine Cylinder Fogging.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/in...as-stabilizers

Also, you may want to read my Camco do-it-yourself Winterizing Kit review and learn why adding antifreeze to the cylinder block/heads can be risky if you do not know exactly how it is to be done.

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3BD7X..._cr_pr_viewpnt

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

It's referable to change the oil now rather than leave the old oil and it's various contaminates in all winter to work on your internal engine parts. The new oil won't degrade during the winter and your motor wil thank you.
        Bob Hawes.
        Kelowna, B.C.
        1998 Trophy 2052 WA
        4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

Leave the drive fully down, raise the bow and pull the bilge plug, disconnect the battery.
          Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

"RGrew176" post=827220 wrote:
            You didn't say in your post but did you add Stabil then add fuel to get a good mix or did you just add the Stabil on top of the existing fuel.
            I just added it to my existing gas and let it run for 10 minutes or more.

Comment

Good tips! I'll do the bilge pump and put the drive down before it's fully stored. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X