Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRI-G-gctid827091

Anyone have experience using PRI-G

I purchased a 2850 that was winterized by marina and sat for 2 years with 80 gallons of fuel in it. Do not want to toss 80 gallons. PRI-G is said to restore the fuel to good working fuel. Anyone have experience with this product?

Don't know where you are but winterizing indicates cold weather. If the boat was in cold climate for a longer winter, most likely the fuel is still good. In Upper Michigan I have had fuel for 2 or more years and its still good.

Another thing in your favor is if its Marine fuel it is mostly something over 87 octane and non ethanol. If so it can lose a little and still be good for your engine which needs 87 octane.

You have 40 gallons you can add and if you make it non alcohol high octane it will mix and boost what you have.

I would get a bit out of the tank and give it the smell text.

Anything else you add to boost it would be a plus.

Doug
    Started boating 1955
    Number of boats owned 32
    Bayliners
    3870 presently owned
    Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Do you know if it's E10 fuel or not? If E10 remove the fuel filter and empty the contacts into a glass jar to look to see if it phase separate or has water in it. If it checks out good add gas additive top off the tank and take a long run to burn it out.
      1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X