2452 Radar installation-gctid826670

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2452 Radar installation-gctid826670

I purchased a Raymaine radar to install on my 2452. I was going to mount the antenna directly on the aft portion of the hardtop, but found that the area is too flimsy for the 21 pound antenna. I would like to get your ideas on the mounting (arch, pedestal or whatever) of this antenna on a 2452. I tried a search of this subject, but came up with nothing. Thanks for any advice.

Wayne
    1994 Bayliner Classic 2452
    5.7 MCM Bravo With 4 Bbl Carb.
    Bravo II Outdrive
    Lowrance Elite 5 GPS Chartplotter/Depth Sounder/Fish Finder
    West Marine VHF

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." Albert Einstein

"1G8 Sub Sailor" post=826670 wrote:
    I purchased a Raymaine radar to install on my 2452. I was going to mount the antenna directly on the aft portion of the hardtop, but found that the area is too flimsy for the 21 pound antenna. I would like to get your ideas on the mounting (arch, pedestal or whatever) of this antenna on a 2452. I tried a search of this subject, but came up with nothing. Thanks for any advice.

Wayne
    Since radar uses microwaves, your first consideration is to have it high enough to broadcast well over your heads. You will also need to put it on a slight bow-down angle so the array will transmit at a proper angle while underway. I used a SeaView 10" pedestal to mount my Garmin 18HD. You can get them in lots of heights and are very easy to mount.

[attachment]41780 wrote:
    BonDCRadarArray.jpg[/attachment]
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Comment

What year is your 2452? I have a 2004 and mounted on the forward part of the hard top. It had an oval shape to the hardtop and an access panel underneath to get to for installing the bolts.

Sorry, but I currently don't have any pictures.

Comment

His is a 94
        Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

I like the installation with radar arch.

Alex
          1997 2859, 7.4 MPI, Bravo II
          1993 2452, 5.7 Bravo II - SOLD

Comment

Fish On Sports makes a hard top radar mount. I have one of their arches on my boat and they make a reasonably priced quality product.
            1988 Mainship 36 Sedan
            1995 2858
            1988 2655
            1987 2150
            Commercial/Industrial HVAC Service Tech.

Comment

Working...
            X