Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower (34)V(34) berth-gctid826226

Hello All,

Those who own a Avanti 3255 may agree that the "V" is too high and you need a ladder to get in there, i have started to lower the bed unit but have now stopped because the plywood is attached to the hull on the starboard side, it looks like it bonded with epoxy from the plywood to the hull there lies my issue can one use an oscillating saw to cut on the angle of the hull thru the plywood to release said wood from the hull, if anyone has attempted and been successful i would appreciate any input.

Best Regards

Tj.
    1989 Avanti 3255
    Twin 5.7 OMC
    Boat Name : UK2
    BYC Lake Simcoe

That bed is only tabbed in. Yes you can cut it but be careful where you cut. As you know that is tabbed directly to the hull
    1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
    twin 454's
    MV Mar-Y-Sol
    1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
    Twin chevy 350's inboard
    Ben- Jamin
    spokane Washington

Comment

Hello Yachtman, As i thought, that said when i do lower the bed, can you purchase a product to retab to the hull or would a structural silicone suffice to hold in place till set.

Cheers

Tj.
      1989 Avanti 3255
      Twin 5.7 OMC
      Boat Name : UK2
      BYC Lake Simcoe

Comment

Originally posted by Tjmac View Post
        Hello Yachtman, As i thought, that said when i do lower the bed, can you purchase a product to retab to the hull or would a structural silicone suffice to hold in place till set.

Cheers

Tj.
        TjMac did you continue on with this modification?

JJ
        1987 Bayliner Avanti 3255
        Twin OMC 5.7L 4V

Comment

Working...
        X