Removing Mildew From Vinyl-gctid823616

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Mildew From Vinyl-gctid823616

Does anyone have a product that they use that will remove Mildew from vinyl. Have some white vinyl with mildew stains that I need to get rid of .
    Just love being on my 3870............Bill
    1985 3870
    Twin 130 Mits. not turbo charged
    Name of boat is "Plenty Of Fish"
    Live on board full time.
    North Myrtle Beach, SC

If your on the Canadian side of the border go to Home Hardware, they have a product which comes in a 1 litre plastic bottle. It has a second bottle attached that when you go to use it you mix the two together. I had the north side of my two storey home with about 600 sf of white siding that had that green/black mildew which had been getting worse by the year. Finally found this product and it worked awesome. I mixed them in a sprayer that you would spray weeds with. Started at the top and worked my way down in 10' wide sections. wet the siding first then sprayed product on. Let it sit for 10 minutes then pressure washed. The mildew washed right off. Mine had been growing for 4 to 5 seasons so it was really on there, if yours is fairly new it might wash off with a hose. It cost around $25.00 but it worked great and one bottle did the whole job.

Comment

Bleach seamed to work for me

Comment

I have had good luck with Mold Armor for mold removal and prevention. If there are deep seated stains however it does not completely remove them.

Comment

I have had good luck with Starbrite Mildew and Stain remover. Spray it on, let it sit for 5-10 minutes then take a Mr. Clean magic eraser pad and scrub the area. Works great for me!

Comment

Spray 9 marine works really well.
            Wjm

Comment

"Blackeyes" post=823620 wrote:
              If your on the Canadian side of the border go to Home Hardware, they have a product which comes in a 1 litre plastic bottle. It has a second bottle attached that when you go to use it you mix the two together. I had the north side of my two storey home with about 600 sf of white siding that had that green/black mildew which had been getting worse by the year. Finally found this product and it worked awesome. I mixed them in a sprayer that you would spray weeds with. Started at the top and worked my way down in 10' wide sections. wet the siding first then sprayed product on. Let it sit for 10 minutes then pressure washed. The mildew washed right off. Mine had been growing for 4 to 5 seasons so it was really on there, if yours is fairly new it might wash off with a hose. It cost around $25.00 but it worked great and one bottle did the whole job.
              What's the name of this product?

Comment

Working...
              X