BBX Wifi-gctid399340

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBX Wifi-gctid399340

Is anyone in the Northwest having trouble using BBX wifi?

Yes.

Others here probably know the story better than me, but I heard that Beacon bought up BBX.

Since then, Beacon has done some configuration adjustments, and service has seemed to go downhill from there.

At the Port of Everett, I went from screaming speed to hardly being able to redirect to their log-in page.

Beacon blamed it on me and my inadequate equipment. But couldn't explain the earlier period where I had no issues.

I've since installed an external wifi booster and I'm back to having a decent connection. (I didn't buy from them!)
    Pat
    Paragon
    1999 4788

Comment

It seems to be down completely now and Google will not allow access to their website. They have a "This site may harm your computer" message on the site.

Comment

www.beaconwifi.com still works. Maybe call tech support to see if they can reset your WAP?
        Pat
        Paragon
        1999 4788

Comment

cosmo777 wrote:
          www.beaconwifi.com still works. Maybe call tech support to see if they can reset your WAP?
          You still can't get to the BBX site from Beacon. Seems as if something is wrong at BBX. Could be they are having hardware problems or maybe even financial problems.

Comment

We are cruising up to Desolation Sound and we have had issues all the way up from Port Angeles. I think the service is useless. I get excellent signal strength but still can't log in. The sign in page times out for the server.

Comment

We had trouble with them earlier in the year but have had no complaint in the last couple of months. But before that there were times we couldn't connect for weeks at a time. I was on the phone with them daily. Kept getting a BS answer varying from my equipment, to their equipment, to the Navy's radar was effecting the signal.

Unfortunately, living on board I don't have a lot of choices. The wireless services are horrible on the water and limit you to 5gb per month unless you pay for an upgraded service. Even then we had trouble with signals, most repeaters don't point towards the water.
              Patrick and Patti
              4588 Pilothouse 1991
              12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
              M/V "Paloma"
              MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Was just in Verizon last night and they're offering 4G LTE unlimited plans to Boeing Plans again. ($20/mo but you can't beat the signal and the price)
                Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Working...
                X