Insurance question - who needs to be listed as an operator-gctid822345

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance question - who needs to be listed as an operator-gctid822345

I need to insure a boat of which I will be the primary operator. On occasion, my wife would drive the boat and I will also be teaching my kids to drive the boat, both of which are of legal age.

So do I list all operators on the policy even though they won't be operating very often and I would always be on board if they do? I don't mind listing them all if that is standard, I just can't find any guidance on the topic.

Your insurance agent should provide the guidance on this one. In our case with the boat being documented and on an agreed value Yacht policy my agent, who we have been with in excess of 20 years, felt no need to list the Admiral or kids.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

As a licensed (but retired) agent, I can tell you that you need to list the "primary" operators, which would be you and your wife. No need to list "occasional" operators such as legal age children or friends. As Pcpete said though, consult your agent.
      Jeff & Tara
      (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
      "GetAway"
      Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Working...
      X