Boat insurance in Canada...-gctid821492

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat insurance in Canada...-gctid821492

Looking to hear of other options and expected cost for insurance coverage on a 2002 - 3055...

Thanks
    Yellowknife, NT. Canada
    2002 cierra 3055
    twin 350 mags mpi FWC w/B2

call skippers plan, I saved about 50% over what State farm wanted for better coverage.
    "Adios Dinero"
    1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
    Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

Suggest in Canada you call Hub International insurance.

Also suggest you avoid Cowan.

Comment

I'm with Premier Marine. $535/yr.
        "Martini's Law" SOLD
        1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
        Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

I've been with Dolphin Insurance for the past four years. I have their new "Passage Maker" Policy this year.
          Sea Venture
          2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
          Cruising the PNW and beyond.
          DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
          MMSI 316029971

Kirk
          Drinks well with others.

Comment

I use NautiMax sold by AVIVA insurance. The Broker is MD marine insurance 877 627 4633.

Be careful when comparing boat insurance. I have agreed replacement value should I suffer a total loss and the environmental coverage is important. We had a boat at our club suffer a fuel tank failure while on land in winter storage. The fuel spilled out (he left a battery connected to the automatic bilge pump) and the fuel ended up on the ground and in the lake. Cost was in the six figures to clean up but his insurance covered it. Also emergency towing is included.

Comment

Cowan...excellent rate and nice people...they the official Power Squadron insurer
              Greg
              1999 Bayliner 3988
              Twin Cummins 6BTA 270hp
              Malaspina Strait, BC

Comment

"Cap_Fury" post=822265 wrote:
                Cowan...excellent rate and nice people...they the official Power Squadron insurer
                I have no doubt the broker that represents Cowan to you and sold you the policy are nice folks - most brokers are. But they're not Cowan. Ever tried to dip into Cowan's bank as the result of a claim? Entirely different reception from them.

For the record, while Cowan IS associated with CPS and offer members a discount, so too do Hub and Dolphin etc. But those guys have local representation for claims. Cowan assigned an adjuster out of Chicago to my claim in BC. yep..Chicago...

Can't say enough bad things about Cowan - and they earned every word... And before you get too up and down - look at my sig.. I'm more than aware of the affiliation with CPS , and acutely aware of how they got it...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dog.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	392395

Attached files
                  Last edited by Cap_Fury; 11-11-2017, 12:48 PM.
                  Greg
                  1999 Bayliner 3988
                  Twin Cummins 6BTA 270hp
                  Malaspina Strait, BC

Comment

I go between Premier Marine and Beacon in Vancouver BC area. 1998 Bayliner Ciera 2655 that lives on a trailer, Yammi kicker ... usually costs me $3-400 / year with $3M liability. I go through an insurance broker that I trust who knows me well and takes care of all my insurance needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X