advise needed on rot on 1999 3055-gctid820690

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advise needed on rot on 1999 3055-gctid820690

friend of mine is looking at a 1999 3055 to replace his 27 foot Sea Ray as he loves the setup of my boat , the one we looked at appears to in general overall pretty good shape and well taken care of however we did find in the bilge one of the pieces of wood right in front of engine between the center stringer and port stringer was rotted pretty good. Has anyone ever seen this and is it fixable? or is this a deal breaker ? Boat has approx 400 hours per the owner any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Harry
    Living for the Weekend
    2000 Bayliner 3055
    Cleveland, Ohio

Chances are there is rot in the stringers as well, take a look at my post from my nightmare. Almost anything can be fixed, it's just time and or money. I figure the work I did would have cost about 15k, I spent about 2k and a back breaking winter.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/index....e?limitstart=0
    1989 3888
    Hino 210's

Comment

"expmg" post=820690 wrote:
      friend of mine is looking at a 1999 3055 to replace his 27 foot Sea Ray as he loves the setup of my boat , the one we looked at appears to in general overall pretty good shape and well taken care of however we did find in the bilge one of the pieces of wood right in front of engine between the center stringer and port stringer was rotted pretty good. Has anyone ever seen this and is it fixable? or is this a deal breaker ? Boat has approx 400 hours per the owner any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Unless he's stealing it, I'd probably keep looking. Bayliner made tons of these and it's pretty easy to find good ones.
      Doug
      Hanging Loose
      98 Carver 350 Mariner
      2013-
      KRUSTY KRAB
      2001 305
      5.7 BII
      2006-2013

Comment

Working...
      X