Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat was running the put in reverse and it died.-gctid820055

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Boat was running the put in reverse and it died.-gctid820055

    Boat was running had it in neutral, went to put it in reverse and it just died. Now I'm not getting power to console or anything. Only that works is radio I think can't remember. The battery is brand new. Could it be my fuse panels?
    Euri diaz

    #2
    Please post the type of engine, drive, boat model/year, etc. The best way to do this is to complete your profile and signature to include all the data.
    1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
    Anacortes, WA

    Comment


      #3
      "Jerrydiaz199" post=820055 wrote:
      Boat was running had it in neutral, went to put it in reverse and it just died. Now I'm not getting power to console or anything. Only that works is radio I think can't remember. The battery is brand new. Could it be my fuse panels?
      +1 on Rider's comment .....and Welcome to BOC!
      "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
      MMSI: 367637220
      HAM: KE7TTR
      TDI tech diver
      BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
      Kevin

      Comment


        #4
        It's a 2007 bayliner 175. 3L mercruiser
        Euri diaz

        Comment


          #5
          Look on top of the engine for a red button, push it, post back
          Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

          1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

          '86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

          Manalapan N.J

          Comment


            #6
            "Chief Alen" post=820426 wrote:
            Look on top of the engine for a red button, push it, post back
            I did that servers times n nothing happened
            Euri diaz

            Comment


              #7
              90 AMP main fuse blown at the starter.

              You will need a multi meter / 12VDC tester, measure for 12VDC + red button breaker.
              Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
              Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
              93 3058 sold
              92 2855 (day boat)
              91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
              Longbranch WA
              Life is Good

              Comment


                #8
                "Ruffryder" post=820499 wrote:
                90 AMP main fuse blown at the starter.

                You will need a multi meter / 12VDC tester, measure for 12VDC + red button breaker.
                Okay I'll try that. By any chance do you know where I can buy s replacement switch that's under the throttle n what it's called
                Euri diaz

                Comment


                  #9
                  Got a picture ?
                  Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

                  1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

                  '86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

                  Manalapan N.J

                  Comment


                    #10
                    "Chief Alen" post=820514 wrote:
                    Got a picture ?
                    No I don't. I'm at work and won't be home for another two weeks. I think it's like a safety switch in case something happens but I'm not sure. It's right below the shift lever
                    Euri diaz

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Kill switch with a lanyard on it ?
                      Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

                      1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

                      '86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

                      Manalapan N.J

                      Comment


                        #12
                        "Jerrydiaz199" post=820592 wrote:
                        "Chief Alen" post=820514 wrote:
                        Got a picture ?
                        No I don't. I'm at work and won't be home for another two weeks. I think it's like a safety switch in case something happens but I'm not sure. It's right below the shift lever
                        That is definitely the kill switch, to test it, remove the cord, ensure your battery switch is on, turn on the ignition key, the kill switch is off when in the down position and on when in the up position, switching it up should sound the alarm and initiate the gauges, if nothing happens then it's faulty or not getting any power.
                        Current Boat: 2016 Bayliner VR6 4.5L 250
                        Previous Boat: 2015 Bayliner 175 3.0L TKS 135

                        Comment


                          #13
                          kill switch got nothing to do with gauges,.

                          radio working its hooked straight to the battery.
                          Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

                          1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

                          '86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

                          Manalapan N.J

                          Comment


                            #14
                            "Chief Alen" post=820603 wrote:
                            kill switch got nothing to do with gauges,.

                            radio working its hooked straight to the battery.
                            On my 175, moving the kill switch up and down would sound the alarm and cause the trim gauge to go full up position, so maybe not initiating the gauges, but has some effect on some of them, it at least confirms if the kill switch is making/ breaking contacts.
                            Current Boat: 2016 Bayliner VR6 4.5L 250
                            Previous Boat: 2015 Bayliner 175 3.0L TKS 135

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X