Toilet problem-gctid817683

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toilet problem-gctid817683

Had our 1998 2452 in a slip for the weekend. Had not use the toilet this season and when we went to flush, it will not draw water up from the lake to assist in flush. It would pump waste into the sewage tank but no water would come in when handle was pumped up and down.Had quick look to make sure intake on bottom of boat wasn't pluged when I got home and it looks clear. Haven't had anytime to look at anything yet. Thought I would ask here first to see if anyone has experienced this problem and how did you fix it.. Thanks in advance for any help

Follow the hose from the pump where there should be a valve at the hull. Is it open? It may have been shut if you had the boat winterized. If the valve is open maybe you need a rebuild on the pump.
    Dan
    Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
    Claudia V. III
    1988 - 3218
    Gas Drives

Comment

One more thing to Dans list is to check the intake through hull for growth. Especially if those zebra muscles are in your area.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Valve was on and intake looks clear. There must be some kind of seal that may be worn out inside the tube where the handle pumps

Comment

My old pumper pot just gave up one summer and it was the perfect excuse to go electric.
          Dan
          Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
          Claudia V. III
          1988 - 3218
          Gas Drives

Comment

If it's a jabsco head there is a rebuild kit for about $10 that will solve your problem. It takes about 10 minutes to install; it's so easy I did it; and there's a YouTube video that shows exactly what to do.

Or you could spend a couple hundred to put in electric. Your call...
            Drew Haas
            1998 4788 "Painkiller"

Comment

When we bought our 3818 the master head toilet would not draw water from the through hull. If I primed it, everything was fine until the next day when I would again have to Prime it. I replaced the upper and lower gasket/valves and the leather without improvement. By them I'm less than a happy camper and the Admiral is asking why I can't fix something so simple. So, I gave up and replaced the whole pump assembly. Complaining to myself that I'm spending a good percentage of the cost of the replacement I want for a temporary fix. Anybody else know the feeling? So, I man up, buy the whole pump, install it, and, problem solved. Okay, so now I have to put up with a raw water flush and the subsequent interrogations related to odor for longer than I wanted to. A poor swab can't catch a break.
              P/C Pete
              Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
              1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
              Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
              MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
              X