First boat, looking for advice on the 2000 Bayliner 1950-gctid817542

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First boat, looking for advice on the 2000 Bayliner 1950-gctid817542

I am new to boating, my experience until now has been renting a boat in the ocean or lake 3 or 4 times a year. I moved closer to the ocean and am thinking of getting a boat.

I am looking at the 2000 Bayliner 1950. Near me there is a bay that is protected by the ocean, would the boat be able to handle that?

I read that the boat is not super powered and would have difficulties pulling skis, while that doesnt concern me, does the boat feel like it is moving or does it feel like it is going slow? (I would have a small family on it).

Is $3800 a good price, for it being in good condition and including a trailer?

Thank you

Welcome! Where are you? The answers are difficult without knowing the area and weather patterns. Also, you will want to either look the boat over very carefully for soft wood, aka dry rot,especially around the outdrive at the transom. If you don't know how to do this, hire a marine surveyor. Like a home inspector but for boats. The surveyor will have the local knowledge about pricing.

We had a 1983 1950 with a cutty cabin many years ago and it had no problems with Puget Sound.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
    X