Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro Stove-gctid398708

Hi All!!

So went to use my microwave and stove the other day and both were not functional. I was on shore power and set and reset the breaker on the main panel. I find it unlikely, though not totally, that both failed at the same time. My question: Is there another fuse/breaker or anything else I can look at before I start tearing into it?
    sigpic
    MDR3055
    "GREEN JEANS"
    '99 Bayliner 3055
    Merc 5.0's Bravo 2's
    Marina Del Rey, CA

Do you have power elsewhere? May be worth checking for tripped GFI also. Btw, we hope to be over that way this weekend, I think I still have your number...
    Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    |
    Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
    2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
    2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
    2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
    2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
    And 12 others...
    In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

The microwave MIGHT have an outlet behind it like the fridge, dont quote me on that I have never removed it. The stove is wired directly to the shorepower panel(well mine is).

I had my stove short out the ground wire this year, damn thing melted to the side inside the stove. Easy enough to track down with a good volt meter.

Comment

Every electric range I've seen on a boat has its' own breaker on the AC/DC board - don't know about microwave unless it's previous owner installed?? and perhaps they tapped into the range breaker/wiring for power??? - which would be too much draw if both were on at the same time and could have 'cooked' the breaker.

Comment

MDR3055 wrote:
          Hi All!!

So went to use my microwave and stove the other day and both were not functional. I was on shore power and set and reset the breaker on the main panel. I find it unlikely, though not totally, that both failed at the same time. My question: Is there another fuse/breaker or anything else I can look at before I start tearing into it?
          Check your GFI switch in the head (bathroom/shower) area and make sure it has not popped. I had a similar problem on my 3055 a couple of years ago and that was the problem. I reset the GFI and the problem was gone. In my case when the GFI popped it cut power to all the other outlets. I never used the electric stove on my 3055 so I am not sure if they are tied in together.
          Rick Grew

2019 Yamaha EX Jetski

2004 Past Commodore
          West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

Excellent! Thanks everyone for the tips. Will be down there this weekend to fart around with it.

Jeff- I am heading out on a friends boat friday night to target some Mako and Saturday morning going for Thresher. Should be back in by Saturday evening.....hopefully LOL
            sigpic
            MDR3055
            "GREEN JEANS"
            '99 Bayliner 3055
            Merc 5.0's Bravo 2's
            Marina Del Rey, CA

Comment

Working...
            X