Boat leveler Trim Tabs.-gctid398686

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat leveler Trim Tabs.-gctid398686

So, I noticed some hydraulic oil pooled on my port trim tab this morning. It appears that my trim tab is leaking oil from the bottom of the acuater. It there an o ring or gasket in there that can leak or is it a bad acuater? Anyone have this happen? They are the boat leveler brand trim tabs.

The hoses on these are just pressed onto barbs on the cylinders. If old, they will leak and it runs down the back of the cylinder and might appear to be a bad cylinder. I bought about 10' of grey hydraulic hose and replaced both hoses, no more leak. Warm the hose in the sun and use grease or it will be a bear to get onto the barbs all the way.

Comment

I just talked to their parts guy on the phone and he told me to get either a piston which comes with seals for 25$ or a seal kit for 13$ plus shipping. I picked up a whole piston so its replaced and just a take out, screw in type of repair. Hopefully it works! Ill keep this updated. He said it sounds like either the piston, or the seals. But seems like a very good company.

Comment

Working...
      X