Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trophy more water problems-gctid817065

Hey everyone,

It seems everytime I am on here asking for help It's some sort of water in boat issue.

This time the boat was listing bad after searching found its collecting under oil tank resovior in stern. Most of my bow rail connections need to be replaced so I think that is where is coming from running down the side of boat into area below oil res. I thought there would be a drain or cut out there to go into bilge. If there is let me know so I can find and unblock

thanks

Do you have hatch covers in your well?
    Brett & Elise, Sammy + Wilson
    New Addition - 2002 Trophy 2002WA FF Optimax 135
    GO HAWKS!

Comment

Not sure what you mean.

I have covers on my two fish wells. The water was in the area below the 3 gallon 2stroke oil tank behind the door in the stern. Its below where the two scupper tubes are that exit out the stern.

Comment

Asked about the round access covers they sometimes put in the outboard well area to access the bilge pumps and wiring. I had cracked frames that the round covers screw into and they leaked all the time, the more water that got in the bilge, the lower it sat, the more water that came in the well via over the edge or through the well drains. You might have cracked hoses on the scupper hose below the water line?
        Brett & Elise, Sammy + Wilson
        New Addition - 2002 Trophy 2002WA FF Optimax 135
        GO HAWKS!

Comment

I'm thinking my '96 2002FF is fully open to the bilge from the port access to battery door to the starboard access to oil reservoir door. I know this because I routinely hose out those areas prior to launch and it all flows out the transom plug. Wherever the water is coming from (mine has leaks too) it should be settling in the bilge first. Now I suspect the bilge pump/float switch, wiring, etc. Evidently the water has come up over the bsump part of the bilge and flowed to whichever side the boat is pitched to; in your case the starboard side and fills the area under the oil reservoir. I have to think there is a round access cover in the splash area. Twist the latch and pull the cover off and look for water. My opinion the bilge pump should be more than adequate to get rid off any bilge water long before the boat lists fill to the point of listing. Keep us informed and good luck.

Comment

I'll second the cracked/leaking scupper drain hose, seen that once. Caught the leak before it could become a major problem.

Is your bilge pump properly hard wired to your battery or does it switch off with the battery selector? My trophy was wired to the batt selector before I had it rewired. That caused some trouble before it was fixed.

Comment

Working...
            X