Windshield tinting?-gctid816503

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield tinting?-gctid816503

Has anyone had their windshield tinted? My dash area is cracked and looks like crap. I saw a Carver that the owner had his windshield tinted and it looks great. Plus he says the dash is much cooler to the touch. Thinking I may give it a try.

I hired a guy off Craigslist to do mine. He worked about an hour and gave up. Said it was too hard do to large size.

Comment

I reached out to the guy with the Carver but have not heard back yet. The tint completely changed to look of the boat. I am on a mission to have mine done. I will share what I find out and post before and after pics. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

I did mine myself, a bit frustrating especially the front glass. Because of the angle cutting the film properly made me drink beer. To overcome this i flipped the film and did the cut out from the outside-side of the glass. Made a huge difference/contrasting appearance of the boat and a easier on the eyes too. heres a couple of pics.

Attached files

1997 20 WA

Comment

That is sharp, I would like to do that to my 2452.
          1996 2542 Cierra Express with a 5.7L mercruiser 2 barrel carb, Thunderbolt ignition

Comment

Thanks!
            1997 20 WA

Comment

Maybe a phifertex cover would be the best thing. I think they look nice too.

They are removable for night driving or cleaning can see out but not see in very well. Shades the interior well. Comes in various colors too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SoXdQgs9nCo

Attached files

1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
              twin 454's
              MV Mar-Y-Sol
              1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
              Twin chevy 350's inboard
              Ben- Jamin
              spokane Washington

Comment

The tint sure does add to the look! If my windshield was not as curved as it is I would tint it myself. With all the curves I would end up with lots of bubbles. I like the sailbrite stuff and am going to check into it. Still would rather go with tint if I could. I e-mailed two local places that say they tint marine widows but have yet to hear back. Busy time of year maybe. Thanks for the input!

Comment

One of the latest advances in window tinting is the use of Ceramic film. This radically cuts down on the heat penetration from the sun and makes the car interior noticeably cooler. The ceramic film is more expensive but it can be purchased online.

This would help reduce the heat load on the A/C unit. I plan to do this in the future.
                  Gibraltar, Mi.
                  1986- 3870- Hino 175's
                  1988 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
                  14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

Working...
                  X