Bayliner Element seat securing option-gctid816379

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner Element seat securing option-gctid816379

I tried looking around for some ideas and came up short. I will be taking a trip to VA in a week and I'm trying to bring a stand up ski with us. The ski will go in the bed of the truck. I have a hard tonneau cover and usually put all of the seats in there when going on the highway.

My question is does anyone do anything aside from that? I have a 2016 so the rear two have the straps but I don't trust them on the highway.

My thought was to take a few, wrap them in a moving blanket and strap them together in the walkway on the boat. Not sure if they'd be heavy enough or not.

Any thoughts?

I put a large cargo net over the top of mine for one 3 hour trip at highway speeds and left the cushions in place. I didn't lose any. I did just have one of the straps come off the rear cushion this week. It was poorly stapled in place. I've also had one of the plastic tabs come right out of 1 seat, the screws just ripped away from the board (apparently there's no backing plate in place). So I wouldn't trust either the straps or the tabs to hold anything in place.

I see some upholstery work in my near future trying to figure out a way to securely keep the seats in place.

Comment

Metz. That seems to be what our plan will be. I don't trust the straps at all. Our battery cushion strap is already ripping where they put the metal grommet in.

I will be pulling all the seats, wrapping them in a moving blanket, and strapping them together in the walk way, hopefully that lessens the air drag as well.

Comment

Working...
      X