Some Buttons on Bridge Not Working. Any Advice?-gctid816237

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Buttons on Bridge Not Working. Any Advice?-gctid816237

I have a 288 command bridge and noticed that some of the buttons in the flybridge are not working yet they all work on the lower helm station. Specifically the Blower, Engine Trim, and Trim Tabs seem to be the trouble ones. Some (Engine Blower Fan) doesn't operate at all or light up yet works perfect down below. The Engine Trim & Trim Tabs operate sporadically. Any ideas or tips to try before I call the $95/hr marina mechanic to take a look?

No doubt there's connection issues due to corrosion. try bridging the wires of a switch that is not working and if it that item operates it's the switch. Sometimes just removing and reconnecting the wires is enough to make a connection as well. Do you have fuses or breakers in the FB for your various components?
    "Martini's Law"
    1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
    Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Thanks. I'll try bridging the wires and see what happens and yes I did see several fuses but assumed that can't be the problem since everything works down on the lower sepwirdhes. So do these switches tend to corrode internally and need to be replaced or is it more a matter of cleaning all the switch and wire connections?

Comment

Those fuses on the FB should connected to your switches. Check the connections there as well. The switches can get gummed up over time especially exposed to the elements. Sometimes just removing and RE inserting the fuse will also create a connection. I believe you would have to automotive type fuses vs the old glass type.

Let us know how you make out.
        "Martini's Law"
        Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Those fuses on the FB should connected to your switches. Check the connections there as well. The switches can get gummed up over time especially exposed to the elements. Sometimes just removing and RE inserting the fuse will also create a connection. I believe you would have to automotive type fuses vs the old glass type.

Let us know how you make out.
          "Martini's Law"
          Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Turned out to be some bad switches & a bad horn so up and running again.

Comment

Working...
            X