Electric anchor winch for 2452-gctid815308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric anchor winch for 2452-gctid815308

Hitekdkdr wrote: I'm new to this forum. And I'm a new /old 1994 2452 owner. I'm in the process of automating my boat with electric downriggers, electric planing boards, electric kicker motor lift with electric remote steering at the helm (I'm going to try this year to see if I can use it like twins for docking) now I'm on to the anchor. I've learned some great information by searching these forums for example I've already changed my trim tabs to a larger size. I'm handicapped so crawling out onto the bow of the boat is out of the question. Searching the forms I've ascertained that it seems like a standard windlass is out of the question or very difficult due to the small size of the anchor Locker. I'll be perch fishing in Lake Erie and will be anchoring in up to 80 feet of water. I've been investigating drum anchor winches and it seems that these could be a good alternative. Is anyone reading this forum that has any experience with the drum winch who could help me with any pitfalls I might encounter. Thanks for any suggestions.

"Hitekdkdr" post=815308 wrote:
    Hitekdkdr wrote: I'm handicapped so crawling out onto the bow of the boat is out of the question. Searching the forms I've ascertained that it seems like a standard windlass is out of the question or very difficult due to the small size of the anchor Locker. I'll be perch fishing in Lake Erie and will be anchoring in up to 80 feet of water. I've been investigating drum anchor winches and it seems that these could be a good alternative. Is anyone reading this forum that has any experience with the drum winch who could help me with any pitfalls I might encounter. Thanks for any suggestions.
    If you will be using all chain on the drum, that much weight on the bow will greatly raise the center of gravity on your boat. This will make your boat waddle like a duck when on plane. Personally, when I lowered the center of gravity on my boat by moving 100' of ┬╝" chain into the forward bilge, my boat handled waves - especially crossing waves at an angle - much better. However, I need someone to tail the rode into the bilge when I retrieve it. I understand that that isn't an option for you.

If you go with a drum, suggest you use 10' of ¼" chain and a ›" nylon rode to keep the weight down.
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Comment

Are you certain that you want a "winch" in lieu of a "Windlass"?

A winch is a simple device that will deploy/retrieve anchor line via a spool or drum.

A Windlass will deploy/retrieve both chain and line rode via a gypsy!

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Hello . What electric kicker motor lift you are planning to use ?

Comment

Working...
        X