Boat history.-gctid814764

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat history.-gctid814764

Hello everybody, I'm looking for some help in tracing the history of my boat.

She came from Florida to Ireland and then to Falmouth in the UK. There are some very faint id marks on the bow too faint to read. I posted the same topic some time ago and one of the members, (Simo) suggested that I post my hull number, in the hope that someone may recognise it, so here we go.

She is a 1999 2355 and the hull number is USCD42SJD898.

Many thanks for any help in advance.
    1999 2355 SE. 5L Mercruiser. Falmouth UK

Well, the first thing is it's a 98 not a 99. The last two numbers of the hin are the year.
    Doug
    Hanging Loose
    98 Carver 350 Mariner
    2013-
    KRUSTY KRAB
    2001 305
    5.7 BII
    2006-2013

Comment

If there is a -9 in addition to the "898", there the hull would have been built iN August of 1998 for the 1999 model year.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Pcpete is wrong

D898 is April of 98, 98 model year, D42 is the sequence number, so it was the 342 of that model built in that model year. SJ is the internal Designation of that model

Don't remember which plant was USC.....maybe ArlingtonWA

Comment

Hi. Do you know of any way to find out, using the hin to trace the dealer who first sold the boat. I thought maybe to contact Brunswick directly to see if they can help.

Regards

Comment

Oops! I read the numbers as "888". Yup, built in August of 1998.
            P/C Pete
            Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
            1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
            Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
            MMSI 367770440

Comment

http://hindecoder.com/index.php?q=BA...NE-HIN-Decoder
              "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
              MMSI: 367637220
              HAM: KE7TTR
              TDI tech diver
              BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
              Kevin

Comment

First 3 digits - who/here built

Next 3 - numerical sequence starting at A01-A99, then B01-B99

Next 2 - a 2 letter Bayliner designation, CX was a20' runabout, SJ, SK were cruisers

Letter - A=Jan, B=February etc

Next 1 number= last digit of year it was built in, so 2017 would be 7

Last 2 numbers= model year, as model year changeover happens in the middle of the year

This was the Bayliner way, digits 4 thru 8 are assigned by the builder, every builder has a different format. Also, Bayliner used a different plant code (first three digits) for each plant but there is no requirement (SeaRay used one code for all plants) the only rule is that each boat must have a unique code.

Also hard to believe but Bayliner occasionally ran out of the sequential numbers (A01, A02, Z98, Z99) for a few very volume models.......and then had to go 01A, 02A, etc

Comment

If you could do a DMV search it would show prior owners as long as it's in state. But they're not gonna do that for you as somebody would surely be looking to win the lottery for violating their privacy. I'm afraid that anything useful to you like this would hit the same stone wall. Maybe, just maybe one of those sleazy " is your new neighbor a felon" pay for service websites might have it. Beyond being on the sex offenders registry I can't figure where they get their information.

You might try a personal appearance at DMV though. When I picked mine up from my scheister coworker buddy back in 98 they gave that info to me . I did have all the paperwork in hand trying to register a boat with a title issue and had all the paperwork in hand to prove my intentions. They did tell me the prior owner before my buddy:angry: and he lived out of state in VT. So with that in mind you never know just don't be too disappointed if they say they can't.

I hope you aren't stuck in one of those idiotic messes. It took me around 7 years to get mine registered to me. Twice I made Captain (Dimwit) renew that reg. The only way I ever did get ny to register:huh: :huh: :S it was when I showed them the original Vt. Reg title. At the bottom it said " vehicles unregistered in the state of VT more than 10 years are considered destroyed, gone something like that" Like I said don't go there it's a real enduring PITA. And CaptainAl, (who we always called Captain Morgan behind your back for your famous rummy ways), If you read this I hope your peg leg rots off and your parrot eats your ear ring:evil:

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I live in the UK so I dont have access to the records in the US. It was just a whim to look for the history and to see how the boat ended up in the UK.

Thank you anyway for your input.

Take care.

Kind regards.

Comment

Working...
                    X