Steam cleaner for monkey fur?-gctid813801

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam cleaner for monkey fur?-gctid813801

Anyone try using a good quality steam cleaner on the monkey fur?? I'm just concerned that the steam may loosen the adhesive used to glue the fur.

Thanks!

Alex
    Alex
    Orange County, Ca.
    2001 3988
    Twin Cummins 330's

I bought a Dupray Tosca for use in my boat about 6 months ago.

It did an excellent job on the black streaks in the monkey fur.....used lowest temperature setting.

I use it for everything on my boat from the engine room, rugs, decks, to flybridge canvas, it removes everything without any chemical products.

They are a bit expensive, but worth every penny once you see how many uses it has.

I looked at a lot of cheaper (chinese crap) ones on Amazon, but all the bad reviews, that led me to buying a good North American Made one with some real power.

Greg
    1999 Bayliner 3988
    Twin Cummins 6BTA 270hp
    Malaspina Strait, BC

Comment

Greg, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely check it out and I like that there are so many other uses for it. Thanks again for the advice!

Alex
      Alex
      Orange County, Ca.
      2001 3988
      Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

I've always had good results with javex cleaner with bleach. Just spray lightly and walk away.

Comment

PJumper, I just researched the steam cleaner Greg recommended and I'm intrigued since there are so many uses for it. I'll check out your suggestion as well and report back with whatever seems to work on my end. I also want to clean my carpets and the steam cleaner may do the trick as well. The one Greg recommended is really pricey but it has some excellent reviews so, as they say, you get what you pay for.

Thanks for your tip!

Alex
          Alex
          Orange County, Ca.
          2001 3988
          Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

We used a steam cleaner to clean rugs, walls, cabinets and ceilings. It did great with a little help from KrudCutter or Folex along with the steam. Really happy with the results.

Comment

Greg, another quick question. Is this steam cleaner a good carpet cleaner? It seems like most steam cleaners advertise cleaning other things but not so much focus on cleaning carpets. I realize that it's putting out steam but it's not really extracting any dirt, (no vacuum action). What's been your experience?

Thanks again!

Alex
              Alex
              Orange County, Ca.
              2001 3988
              Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

Aqua Therapy,

I was just asking Greg about how well a steam cleaner works on carpets; sounds like you've gotten good results. As I mentioned to Greg, there is no vacuum action on steam cleaners, unlike traditional carpet cleaners that use solution, scrubbing and vacuum to extract the dirt. Any information regarding your experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex
                Alex
                Orange County, Ca.
                2001 3988
                Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

When I first bought my boat I used one of those upright carpet cleaners you rent from a grocery store.

Since then I have just been vacuuming it with my small shop Vac and spot cleaning it with my steamer

like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEKl8NQ8rXY

or this way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Btkqa7uU5c
                  Greg
                  1999 Bayliner 3988
                  Twin Cummins 6BTA 270hp
                  Malaspina Strait, BC

Comment

Thanks Greg,

I just found one of their videos that does show the steamer being used as a carpet cleaner. They attach a bonet/ towel to the floor tool and run it back and forth on the carpet. I definitely want to clean all the carpets on the boat and plan on doing it every year or so, with spot cleaning as needed. I'll continue to research a little more before pulling the trigger on a machine. I do like the versatility of the steam cleaner you recommended and it looks like it's definitely one of the best out there.

Thanks again!

Alex
                    Alex
                    Orange County, Ca.
                    2001 3988
                    Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

I did the same process on the rugs as Greg did. Spot cleaned. It did take several spots out that the rent rug cleaner missed. I also used it on the wood floor in the kitchen and the inside windows.

Comment

Working...
                      X