Heading to Toledo Beach Marina-gctid398127

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to Toledo Beach Marina-gctid398127

Next weekend, the admiral and I are thinking of heading to Toledo Beach Marina. Anyone have any experience there or reviews or any suggestions. We're looking for other places along the western side of Lake Erie. If anyone has any suggestions, please post them for me . . . I'd like to venture out a bit!!!!!!!!

Toledo Beach Marina is a very nice facility. It is however somewhat isolated. They do have a restaurant there so if you want a place to go to dinner that is the spot.

By any chance do you belong to a boat or yacht club that is affiliated with I-LYA or AYC? Toledo Beach Marina shares the harbor with North Cape Yacht Club which is also a first class facility.

On our end of Lake Erie there are several places you can cruise to. A bit south of Toledo Beach Marina is the Maumee River and that will allow you to cruise to Toledo Ohio. There are several marinas and boat clubs that make the Maumee River their home. There is a new downtown marina where you can stop and keep your boat and you are within walking distance of many fine eateries and of course Fifth Third Field home of the Toledo Mudhens and if they are in town you can catch a baseball game. It is one of the finest AAA ball fields anywhere.

You can cruise just a few minutes north of TBM to Bolles Harbor and once securing dockage at Trouts or Harbor Marine you can go to eat at either the Bolles Harbor Cafe or Harbor Inn and Ale. Both are fine places to eat. Monroe Boat Club is also located in Bolles Harbor.

A few miles further north there is the Raisin River and you can cruise up the river to Clamdiggers and you may dock there and also get a pretty nice dinner.

These are my home waters and and I have visited each of these facilities several times and I recommend all of them highly.

Hope you find this helpful. If you have any other questions please ask. Hope you enjoy your cruise.
    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
    West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

Working...
    X