Spot Light..move it to the arch?-gctid812192

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot Light..move it to the arch?-gctid812192

I have a 2011 Ciera 2855, Bravo III. 350 MPI. The spot light that came with the boat is mounted on the very front of the bow, slightly port of center. While using it, it reflects off the rail, anchor and the little amount of bow left in front of the light

making it difficult to see ahead. I'm thinking of relocating it (or installing another one) on the arch therefore shinning it above those objects while looking forward. The arch on this boat slants forward, unlike the older models that slant toward the back. Anyone every done this before with success, or does it just just continue to shine on all those things with ambient light?

Mike

As long as there is anything that will have light touch it anywhere near where you want to look, you will be blinded at night, and higher won't help. I had mine up on my roof, and it sucked! The entire bow, railings, even the windlass glare made night vision impossible.

I have since added a 75W LED to my bow rail. No more blinding glare!

Since you already have the wiring up there, it should be an easy addition.

Attached files

"B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Comment

Great idea! Where did u get the light?

Mike

Comment

"MikeACY" post=812203 wrote:
        Great idea! Where did u get the light?

Mike
        I actually got the idea from mlewis100. Everything except the wire was from eBay. I was originally thinking of a spotlight on my bowsprit. This workout 1000 times better! http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/in...;s the thread.

As to mounting it, I used Harley handlebar mirror clamps with a couple layers of inner tube to make up the difference and provide isolation between the two metals. Again, off eBay.

[attachment]37381 wrote:
        BonDCBowLightClamps.jpg[/attachment]
        "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
        MMSI: 367637220
        HAM: KE7TTR
        TDI tech diver
        BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X