Boy Can I Do Some Dumb Things-gctid811769

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy Can I Do Some Dumb Things-gctid811769

Ok, let me tell you how dumb I can be. Why am I posting this? I don't know, I should just bury it. Going back to last winter when a leak was found in the port tank. I was not ready to take everything apart and set up the valves so that both engines would draw off the starboard tank. Now when I was using both tanks each engine would pull about 2.5 gallons per hour. In changing everything over I ended up with bad fuel in the starboard tank. Had to drain this tank. The reason for this is another story. Now I am using one tank with both engine"s pulling 2.5 gallons each per hour. Now out of the starboard tank 5 gallons per hour is being used not 2.5. You guest it, I ran out of fuel at 11:30 pm. Thank God for TowBoat US. I have a saying that is posted in the boat that reads "If you think that everything is going well, then most likely you have missed something". The fuel gauge showed that there was still fuel in the tank. Will check that out tomorrow.
    Just love being on my 3870............Bill
    1985 3870
    Twin 130 Mits. not turbo charged
    Name of boat is "Plenty Of Fish"
    Live on board full time.
    North Myrtle Beach, SC

Spit happens. Don't beat yourself up.
    1998 ciera express 2252 hard top
    5.0 mercruiser alpha1G2
    15.25x17p 3 blade stainless

Comment

You covered yourself with a Towboat US towing policy - THAT was very smart- Without a policy their bill becomes astronomical very quickly!
      Gibraltar, Mi.
      1986- 3870- Hino 175's
      1988 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
      14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

Thank you folk's for your post. They do make me feel better. Believe me that will not happen again if I can help it. Even if I have to start caring spare fuel on board, I don't think it will come to that.
        Just love being on my 3870............Bill
        1985 3870
        Twin 130 Mits. not turbo charged
        Name of boat is "Plenty Of Fish"
        Live on board full time.
        North Myrtle Beach, SC

Comment

Thanks for posting this issue. It is part of life and the sooner we accept it the better we are. Boating is one of the ageing issues too. Just like cutting a piece of wood instead of measuring twice and cutting once we now measure three or four times to cut once. . Garchar
          GARCHAR
          1988 2655
          2009 Volvo Penta 5.7 300 hp DP F3s
          Twice Past Commodore
          Northwest Outboard Trailer Sailors, Eugene,OR

Comment

Working...
          X