No announcement yet.

NIce marina but 12(39) clearance bridge to get under . . what am I?-gctid811260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIce marina but 12(39) clearance bridge to get under . . what am I?-gctid811260

Hey guys, maybe a silly question but it's not the first and it sure won't be the last :woohoo:

Our NTU (new-to-us) 1998 Avanti 3685 has to get under a 12' bridge (at high water) and I can't find the specs in all the paperwork I've got. I checked the Bayliner website and the Avanti stuff that is listed knows all of the models . . except (you guessed it) the 3685. :S Now all of the other Avanti models are listed with bridge clearances of less than 12' (think 11' 9" is the tallest for the "Sunchaser" or "Sunbridge style models and that is the 3488, I think). So, I think I'm safe but won't know until we're back at the boat on Saturday to measure but need to let marina know so I can put in my bid for a slip (Joppatown Marina . . used to be MarineMax at Gunpowder Cove marina- trying to bring it back). Anybody got a secret page of specs out there?

Just reread the title . . . hahaha, I wonder how many "if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck" comments I'll get . . . . :lol:
    1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - for sale - Dredge Harbor, NJ
    Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
    WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
    James H. Stradling

It's not like you can let some air out of the tires.:woohoo:
    Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

In my experience bridge clearance numbers quoted by manufacturers, Bayliner included, are pretty unreliable. Some quote to the highest point. others quote to the highest structural point and do not include things like nav lights. Also, the numbers are usually design specs without consideration to loading, or whether the boat is in fresh or salt water. The best thing to do is measure it yourself.
      1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
      2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
      Anacortes, WA

Comment

I'd suggest taking a look at the specifications from this extract from the PowerBoat Guide:

http://www.denisonyachtsales.com/pow...acht-research/

As Norton Rider pointed, this info should be taken as a guide, but it should give a decent estimate.
        1989 4588 PH, 220HP Hinos
        Western Lake Erie

Comment

Working...
        X