2017 Bayliner Vr5 4.5 liter 200hp-gctid810827

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Bayliner Vr5 4.5 liter 200hp-gctid810827

Test driving a vr5 Saturday pretty much thinking the deal will be sealed. What do I need to look for any issues ?What are the positives over a chapparal h20 ? Only concern I have is Bayliner had a bad name for some time and resale may be tough.

The solution for poor resale is a good deal. Drive pricing conversations aggressively.

I would make sure you have a full complement of safety gear thrown in (dock lines, fenders, life vests, flares), and ensure you have a full delivery test drive to make sure performance is up to par. Have them show you around the engine compartment, operate the bimini top, check under hatches and make sure everything looks solid.

Great boat. You will enjoy it.
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Moving to General Boating Topics for more visibility.
      Matt Train
      BOC Site Team
      Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Sold my 07' 175 for exactly the same price I paid (used) two seasons prior.

Resale was excellent for me.

My new 2017 VR5 has had some issues that both bayliner and the dealer took care of.

Comment

What was wrong with it/

Comment

It has damage to the get coat in several places along with a big scratch on the tower solid aluminum base. My dealer said it was either damage done during shipping or it left the factory in that condition.

Dealer is fixing it and I say "is" because I picked it a on a Friday only for them to take it back the following Monday. It came back to me that Friday with things not fixed and "new" damage done. It left the following Tuesday (holiday Monday) to come back that Friday with again new damage. This time a nice little hole in the gel coat inside the boat.

I just maiden her yesterday and it supposed to go back this week to get that fixed.

I've contacted Bayliner and they have responded.

Comment

Working...
            X