this is the s%t!!!-gctid397891

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the s%t!!!-gctid397891

first night on the hook with the generator.... and this is everything that i have been missing!

had a nice dinner... a few cocktails... tv is working.. batteries are charged... laptop and phone are charged and the fridge is cs as hell. if you have been considering a honda - DO IT!!

thanks for the information and for opening up a whole new experience all !!!!

Congrats on the discovery of Honda generators!!
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

That's what we are all here for, to help you spend your money !

(and between you and I, you did put it in the engine compartment......correct ?)
      " WET EVER "
      1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
      mmsi 338108404
      mmsi 338124956
      "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

dktool wrote:

(and between you and I, you did put it in the engine compartment......correct ?)
        Isn't that where it goes? Along with my extra gas can

Dean, I can hear you fine but I still can't see you!

Ddog,,,,,how much do you find that you're running it? And is it about the size of a sewing machine?

thanks

Sarah

Comment

dktool wrote:

Right beside the gas can, makes it easier to refill. :hypnotysed:

Ken
          300SD all options sold.

Comment

i have not stayed up this late in years. it is awesome walking around in knee deep water with NO worries at all about power. this generator has opened up a whole new world to me. Sarah - i have it set to eco mode so it only draws what it needs. batteries are all charged... tv.is on even though i am not watching it. cell is charged as well as the laptop and the stereo is thumping. (all by myself so not annoying anyone) . still on the first tank since 1030 this morning. Eggs toast and coffee is ready to go for morning ...... especially since i can run the fridge!

Comment

You have any picts of the installation?

Comment

On the swim platform?

Comment

Since buying the 2454 and the EU2000, I have done 60 overnight anchorouts. There are some on this board who are against it, because of the CO possibility. All it takes is a bit of common sense.

A bit of background for that statement. As many of you know, I was in the CG auxiliary for 26 years, and I was also a member of the Central Florida Boating safety council.

The few CO deaths we have had in this area were attributed to operator error and/ot an improper installtion. And, believe it or not, the majority of incidents involved a built-in marine grade genny.

My recommendations:

1. THINK!!!!!

2. Have aboard, and in working condition a MARINE CO monitor. The "home" monitors are too sensitive and will give a lot of false alerts. Had 1 incident where it was removed from the boat becasue of this. Luckily for the occupants, someone got a headache and shut down the genny.

3. Anchor so the wind flows to the stern.

4. Have the genny tested by a compitant genny technician. The mufflers/manifolds/water separators can corrode and leak CO into the boat, big-time.

5. If in a group, which is what out club does on anchorouts, have an agreement--if any CO monitor goes off, the whole group is alerted and investigate. There were 3 incidents (death) which were attributed to someone elses genny--usually someone else in your group (read- friends)

6. If you get monitor alerts, separate into 2 or 3 smaller groups.

7. Again, THINK

I have never had MY CO monitor alert from my Honda, but I will shut down and investigate if it does.

As for what I do. There are two places we overnight at anchor. The winds are very predictable in this part of Florida: fron the East quandrant. I anchor using bow and stern anchors, with the bow toward the east +/-. I can put the Honda on the platform or on the bow w/o problems.

Another thing, My honda uses about 1/8 GPH average overnight running my air, charger, and fridge.

M friends built-in Onan uses 1 GPH. Therefore, in theroy, he is creating 8 times the CO I am....

At Silver Glen Springs, in a weekend, there may be between 40 and 75 boats anchored out. In Florida air conditioning is noit an option, its a mecessity for overnighting. If you multiply this by 52 weeks, and again over the 20 yeard I have been going there, thats a lot of boat-anchorout-nights. I have only heard of two incidents, and one was from a built-in genny and the victims ripped the wires out of the monitor because its noise was "annoying them". (I was 75' away in my boat) The other was a houseboat with a defective genny exhaust system. 'd ay thats an impressive safety record, considering the fact that boaters usually leave common sense in the tow vehicle or at the marina.
                  Captharv 2001 2452
                  "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

Forgive me, but I don't get it!

All along I've been thinking that the Kipor was the route to go!

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
                    X