Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat Top Shop in Tacoma-gctid810412

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Boat Top Shop in Tacoma-gctid810412

    Hey folks, I'm still looking for reviews on shops to do some work for me on my 2855. I've gotten a lot of help here already. I appreciate it. There is one shop, very close to my Marina Hylebos, in Tacoma that I should ask about, as it is literally next door to my Boat. It's Called the Boat Top Shop, in Tacoma. Has any one used these guys before, for upholstery or Bimini Tops? If so, can I get a review of their work please? And photos always help. Thank you all.
    2001 Cierra 2855 Moored at Hylebos Marina, Tacoma, WA. Retire Army. Works at SeaTac International Airport.

    #2
    I know the top shop you are talking about as my boat is in the same place as yours. I haven't used these guys, but have heard good things about thier work. There is another guy that does this type of work that a friend a few berths down had do his 4588 Bimini, cockpit enclosure and rib cover. He did it for what seemed like a very reasonable price. I've texted my friend for his info, as that guy was close, as well. I think he was located near Foss waterway.

    Stay tuned,

    BJ

    OMEGA

    5788
    BJ
    OMEGA
    5788

    Comment


      #3
      "igiftmon" post=810533 wrote:
      I know the top shop you are talking about as my boat is in the same place as yours. I haven't used these guys, but have heard good things about thier work. There is another guy that does this type of work that a friend a few berths down had do his 4588 Bimini, cockpit enclosure and rib cover. He did it for what seemed like a very reasonable price. I've texted my friend for his info, as that guy was close, as well. I think he was located near Foss waterway.
      Yes, please if you can get me that information that would be great!! Thank you.
      2001 Cierra 2855 Moored at Hylebos Marina, Tacoma, WA. Retire Army. Works at SeaTac International Airport.

      Comment


        #4
        We used to have our boats, 2855, 2252 and 4788 at Ole and Charlies, Chinook and Tyee Marinas. I have had Jeff at Boat Top Shop do many projects from canvas to carpet. I always was satisfied with the work and price. I would highly recommend giving him first bid then you can always check around. He is so close to your location. I suggest you stop by and have him show you around the facilities and look at what they are working on.

        I did hear from one marina neighbor that his price was higher than another but sometimes you get what you pay for. I was happy with Jeff and his crew, They came to my boat and did some minor adjustments on someone else's work for no charge that is always appreciated in good will.
        Jerome Robbins
        Commodore, Fidalgo Yacht Club - 2019
        Anacortes, WA

        Previously owned:2001 Bayliner 4788 - twin 370 Cummins,
        1994 Bayliner Ciera 2855 V8-7.4L
        1994 Bayliner Classic 2252 V6-5.2L

        Comment


          #5
          "vinomaker" post=810704 wrote:
          We used to have our boats, 2855, 2252 and 4788 at Ole and Charlies, Chinook and Tyee Marinas. I have had Jeff at Boat Top Shop do many projects from canvas to carpet. I always was satisfied with the work and price. I would highly recommend giving him first bid then you can always check around. He is so close to your location. I suggest you stop by and have him show you around the facilities and look at what they are working on.

          I did hear from one marina neighbor that his price was higher than another but sometimes you get what you pay for. I was happy with Jeff and his crew, They came to my boat and did some minor adjustments on someone else's work for no charge that is always appreciated in good will.
          Thanks for the great info. I will definitely stop by and talk to him before pulling the trigger.
          2001 Cierra 2855 Moored at Hylebos Marina, Tacoma, WA. Retire Army. Works at SeaTac International Airport.

          Comment


            #6
            give randy a call at Randy's boat tops Olympia wa. he travels. dose great work. tell him joe sent ya.
            1993 43.88 bayliner motoryatch

            Comment


              #7
              I used the Boat Top Shop, as I am moored in Tacoma as well. I lost a piece of canvas to the mighty deep, and he replicated it perfectly for me. I think his prices are high, but the quality is great. He also told me, he likes to see what kind of car his customers come in with and he may adjust the price accordingly, always up, never down. But he is a nice guy, who talks A LOT! Another great canvas shop, who did all of my big work, fully enclosed my flybridge, replaced my bow couch cover, did rail covers and a pulpit cover, along with my dinghy cover. His price was just over half, almost 2/3 of The Boat Top Shop, and the quality was also great, that is NW Canvas in Gig Harbor. He started his business last year, but worked for years in another canvas shop before venturing out on his own. Joe does awesome work, and I recommend him. As others have said, just get two bids, why pay more if you don't have to!!
              Vice Commodore
              Fox Island Yacht Club
              '92 4588
              Lucy Jayne
              Gig Harbor, WA

              Comment


                #8
                "CaseyT" post=810802 wrote:
                I used the Boat Top Shop, as I am moored in Tacoma as well. I lost a piece of canvas to the mighty deep, and he replicated it perfectly for me. I think his prices are high, but the quality is great. He also told me, he likes to see what kind of car his customers come in with and he may adjust the price accordingly, always up, never down. But he is a nice guy, who talks A LOT! Another great canvas shop, who did all of my big work, fully enclosed my flybridge, replaced my bow couch cover, did rail covers and a pulpit cover, along with my dinghy cover. His price was just over half, almost 2/3 of The Boat Top Shop, and the quality was also great, that is NW Canvas in Gig Harbor. He started his business last year, but worked for years in another canvas shop before venturing out on his own. Joe does awesome work, and I recommend him. As others have said, just get two bids, why pay more if you don't have to!!
                Thanks for the response! I will get bids from both, since they are both close. And I'll drive my hooptie to the boat top shop :-)
                2001 Cierra 2855 Moored at Hylebos Marina, Tacoma, WA. Retire Army. Works at SeaTac International Airport.

                Comment

                Working...
                X