No announcement yet.

Ordering VR5 from dealer, are the time estimates usually accurate?-gctid810215

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering VR5 from dealer, are the time estimates usually accurate?-gctid810215

I've been obsessing trying to find a VR5 with solid black hull, graphite interior, + wake tower (and ideally 250hp) somewhere in the US. I'm pretty much going to give up and just order in the boat.

The forwarded quote from the dealer, from the Bayliner rep: "We can put a boat into production mid-June that we would receive the second week of July."

It just sucks that I would have to wait 3 more weeks before even getting the thing started.... so my question is, for those that have ordered, is the timeline usually pretty accurate? Mid July seems so far away..

Sounds about right for a specially ordered boat. You are looking for a very specific spec with a top of the line engine, which Bayliner typically does not "stock" at dealers. I would bite the bullet and order the boat ASAP.

Hold the dealer accountable and have them report back to you with a Hull ID number ASAP.
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Thanks for the response. Yes I'm picky and special order is really the only option. I'm going to order tomorrow morning, good call with getting the Hull ID making sure it's going through.

I was more just curious if they "have" to tell me a generous amount of time, as maybe people have received them earlier? Otherwise bummer I can't get it before the 4th.. oh well.

Comment

wow 3 weeks is a nice deal, my dealer told me 8 weeks for the same boat, trying to order the thing but he hasn't called me back yet, wtf.

Comment

Huh, mid July would be closer to 8 weeks

Comment

Working...
          X