2556... inherent problems that one should look for when buying?-gctid810103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2556... inherent problems that one should look for when buying?-gctid810103

I'm sure this question has been asked many times before, but I am looking specifically at the 2556 model in the years of '89-'93, and would like some information regarding any problems these boat were born with, or developed over time.

Im aware the OMC outdrive could begin to give problems over time (until the gear-pak upgrade has been done), and some have said the Alpha1 drive is a bit weaker than would be preferred, and I know about problems caused by the aging plastic thru hulls and other possible BWL leaks, but im more interested in any inherent problems with the hull, leaking windows, hull joint and any issues with the cabin components, helm stations and general finishings....

AND... as they both have a fly bridge, what is the difference between the 2556 command bridge and the 2556 convertable? thanks

NU LIBERTE'
    Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
    5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
    N2K equipped throughout..
    2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
    2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
    '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
    Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

The difference is probably just in the name given at the time of manufacturing (download can correct me if I'm wrong) Any older boat can have its problems with leaking fuel tanks and rotten structure. Personally I'd go with the later model versions that were fitted with the bravo drive
    Dave
    Edmonds, WA
    "THE FIX"
    '93 2556
    Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
    Misc. projects thread
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Working...
    X