TOPCOAT - has anyone tried it?-gctid810031

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOPCOAT - has anyone tried it?-gctid810031

I've been looking at this for a while now and ordered a (small) pack to test on my boat. I'm a total sucker for every version of snake oil that comes along.

Has anyone tried this? https://topcoat.store/products/topco...b-special-kits

I will post my results when I get it, but I got an e-mail this morning from the supplier saying that the response to their ads has been overwhelming and they are processing new orders in two to three weeks time.

I'm not overly optimistic

Ron
    Midnight Star
    1996 3587
    Twin diesels, Hino 250's
    Ladysmith, BC
    History: 1996 - 2655, 2001 - 2855, 1984 - 3270

Gee, the stuff is breathtakingly expensive. It is either very good, or a very large ripoff.
    2005 Classic 242
    5.7L Bravo 2
    Portland, OR

Comment

Perhaps try Gel Coat labs sealer - it is made for boats and gel coat and I can tell you it works great at about 1/5th the price.
      Northport NY

Comment

I was reading through the web page with interest and thought I would chip in with an alternative that although pricey, I can honestly say that it works. My 245 is 10 years old, and I have tried and tried to restore the original shine with no luck and some very sore arms. Also being a sucker for snake-oil offers, I stumbled on this product over the winter and gave it a go prior to this Spring's launch. The results exceeded my expectations but, there was work involved, just no buffing!! For my application, I pressure washed the entire boat, followed it up with a good soft-scrub with bleach cleaning, then followed the Shine-on instructions using the provided cleaner and then the Gel Coat restorer. I will have to admit, that due to the condition of the boat, that I had to apply multiple layers (in some areas 10-12 layers). Even ended up having to buy another quart, so my total investment in the shine was a little less than $200 with shipping and I still have enough (hopefully) for the annual recoating that is recommended. They also have sample kits, but bottom line, I am thoroughly impressed with the results and the Admiral is astounded (which is what really matters!). The other thing I learned is that the Soft-Scrub with bleach absolutely works wonders on the boat seats (more winter internet research and followed the recommendations of several upholstery shops who swore that this approach was best. Our seats look new compared to the ingrained black streaks and spots that were there before the cleaning. Without further ado, here are a couple of pictures of the results (tried to post multiple views but keep getting forum errors), time will tell as to the wear-ability, but for now, consider us happy boaters! I am not affiliated with the product, just impressed with it and if there is any interest the web-site is shineonoline.com

Attached files

"GLORY BOUND"

2007 245, 5.0 Alpha 1
        2009 (new in 2011) Seadoo RXT-215
        Two little itty-bitty ride on top kayaks!
        Land Travel accomplished with 2007 3500 CC D/A DRW Chevrolet Silverado

Comment

Guess I will use another reply to post another pic?
          "GLORY BOUND"

2007 245, 5.0 Alpha 1

Comment

Another pic...maybe

Attached files

"GLORY BOUND"

2007 245, 5.0 Alpha 1

Comment

I believe "Shine on" is the same as Poly- Glow - they are the same as acrylic floor sealants that we use on the VCT tiles.

Work pretty good for 1-2 years them you need tp s trip them down with floor stripper - takes a lot of tike to do that and reapply.

Mop and glow is the same product and will give similar results.

Never buy their expensive stripper as it takes a lot to get if off- use the gal of 5 gal pails from places like Home depot - floor stripper.

When we bought one of our largest Bays it had this on it and took a while to get it all off.

I have used bleach for many boating purpose with good results but be careful as the bleach will disintegrate the threads in the material that hold seams and such together.
              Northport NY

Comment

Working...
              X