X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CptCrunchie
    replied
    "Waterrat" post=809567 wrote:
    Well, its 2017 and we are interested in purchasing our first boat( if thats the correct term). We are not in the position to purchase new but have an interest in a 28-30 footer. The need is really for our dog 'Cooper' a 2 year old Lab/Border Collie who LOVES the water. Myself and my wife Debbie are more interested in a floating cottage. No fishing, no water skiing, just oler folks stuff. Like a large swim platform and I believe dual engines. I work Caterpillar in Canada so have some electrical/mechanical knowledge. Any help with any Model and Year suggestions ???
    Welcome to BOC!

I would start with a YachtWorld advanced search inputting Bayliner for the builder, the lengths and age parameters. Then you can select number of engines and gas or diesel. Have a look there, and if one strikes your fancy, come back and ask about it. Just please understand, it may belong to a BOC member, so I suggest you ask specific questions like, "How is this outdrive?" or, "How does this model handle bigger waves?" rather than, "Is this a good boat?"

Also, please fill out your profile so we don't have to look through your history to figure out where you live and what your experience is. Click on your name, then 'edit'.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffw
    replied
    Welcome to the BOC. Be sure to read the yellow banners that say "Please read before posting." I'm moving this thread to "General Boating."B)

Leave a comment:

• Pcpete
    replied
    Welcome to the BOC. Your question is kind of like asking what kind of vehicle to buy, other than size. Where are you going to use your boat? You've said how, next comes things a bit more personal. How are you with ladders? That's a major command bridge consideration. That configuration is great for salon visibility while inside but may trade for a smaller head and a vee birth as opposed to a sunbridge. A sunbridge often has a mid cabin master berth that's a great feature, however, there's only one way in and out meaning if one of you makes those trips in the middle of the night, somebody else is probably going to get woken up.

I encourage you to look at a lot of configurations and brands along the way. Growing up our family had a 27' Fairliner, as we were raising our family we have had a series of Bayliners over the last 35 plus years, one for thirty of those years, and our choice was always configuration driven. What's that saying? Happy wife......

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic New Floater-gctid809567

New Floater-gctid809567

Well, its 2017 and we are interested in purchasing our first boat( if thats the correct term). We are not in the position to purchase new but have an interest in a 28-30 footer. The need is really for our dog 'Cooper' a 2 year old Lab/Border Collie who LOVES the water. Myself and my wife Debbie are more interested in a floating cottage. No fishing, no water skiing, just oler folks stuff. Like a large swim platform and I believe dual engines. I work Caterpillar in Canada so have some electrical/mechanical knowledge. Any help with any Model and Year suggestions ???
Working...
X