Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is best buy for a new canvas boat cover for an older Bayliner?-gctid809554

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is best buy for a new canvas boat cover for an older Bayliner?-gctid809554

Please anyone! give me a hint of a good supplier with reasonable prices.

I have googled a lot, both in the US and Europe but it seams impossible to find anyone who can deliver my model to a reasonable price.

My boat is a Baylainer Ciera 2455 Sunbridge model 1989.

Stefan F

Attached files

Welcome! When you are asking for a "cover", what, exactly are you asking about? Nomenclature sometimes has different meanings from one person to another. That said, are you asking about a complete bow to stern, side to side cover or replacing what you currently have? In this area, most us would call that a navy top (over the helm area) and a covered wagon (enclosing the cockpit). Reasonable is also a relative issue. Two years ago o paid $2,600 to Canvas Supply in Seattle for a new navy top, side curtains and cruise curtain enclosing the helm area. Coverings for our current boat are significantly move expensive. $1,800-2,500 for a flying bridge cover, $6,500-8,500 for a flying bridge enclosure and $4,500-6,000 to enclose the cockpit. And that's not including the high bids.

One thing in your favor is yours is a very standard installation. Contact Letas in Arlington, WA. They have the original patterns and ship you a nearly ready to install kit. The kit will likely include the snaps but you will need to match your existing snaps to a point on the fabric then install the fabric side of the snap yourself saving a fair part of the cost because you are doing the installing.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
    X