Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 Bayliner Trophy WA 2002 Front Bilge Pump Install-gctid808900

Hello BOC

I am hoping someone on the forum has installed a front bilge on trophy wa 2002 and can point me in the right direction.

I am still accumulating water in front cuddy under floor I can see it through the cut out under porta potty. I would like it if someone could help me if they have installed a bilge up there

My questions would be

Where did you route tubing?

what size pump?

Any help would be appreciated I don't know where water is coming from it has to be windshield at this point its the only access that has not been resealed.

Rub rails, anchor locker has been sealed?
    Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
    Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
    93 3058 sold
    92 2855 (day boat)
    91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
    Longbranch WA
    Life is Good

Comment

rub rail was done and there is no access point in anchor locker to cuddy it is completely sealed.

Comment

You are aware that water can migrate from the engine compartment forward to the cuddy? If you trailer the boat, raise the tongue of the trailer well up and see if the water in the cuddy runs out through the drain hole in the stern. It may take a while to find it's way out. I was under the impression that these areas were sealed off from one another but found out one winter that this was not the case. I now always store the boat with the bow well raised and the drain plug removed, and have never had water reappear in the cuddy. I tape the bung plug to my winch handle so I cannot forget to reinstall it.
        Bob Hawes.
        Kelowna, B.C.
        1998 Trophy 2052 WA
        4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

I am aware of the design of the boat and that while at rest in the slip at the dock all the water runs forward. Hence the original post my question was has anyone installed a bilge pump in front cuddy of TROPHY 2002 and where and how was it installed. I was just looking for some ideas of previous installs. I am really no longer concerned about where and how the water gets in. It is a 18 year boat I am sure I could spend the next year resealing everything and then never enjoy it. I thought someone would have had a similar issue and installed a bilge pump.

Thank you for all the input though it is appreciated.

Comment

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm looking to do the same thing with mine. seems to be a poor deign.

Comment

If you can see where the water is standing, that would be the place to install the bilge pump. Getting power to it and attaching a drain hose may be an issue, but there is space in the storage areas under the side cushions. You may have to run a small portion of exposed wiring or hose, but I'd think that running it back to the bulkhead under the cushions and then bringing it up and out would be possible. I'd still want to discover the source of the water. Tarp over the bow and windshield area and see if the water stops entering. A few more experiments will eventually lead you to with the source
              Bob Hawes.
              Kelowna, B.C.
              1998 Trophy 2052 WA
              4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

Working...
              X