• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good reminder how a few small mistakes can lead to big problems-gctid397639

Thankfully a happy ending.

Long read but worth it.

http://www.glangler.com/_blog/Great_...oleman_Cooler/

Wow. Gripping story and very well written. Definitely makes me think about how I should do things differently when I'm out on the water.

Comment

Goosebumps.
      Rafael Figueira
      1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS

Comment

keithjabber wrote:
        Thankfully a happy ending.

Long read but worth it.

http://www.glangler.com/_blog/Great_...oleman_Cooler/
        man that was something, gave me goosebumps....... i am buying more pfd's that my people will wear today

Comment

In the waters around here that likely would have been a different story.

Comment

Fish-a-Palooza wrote:
            In the waters around here that likely would have been a different story.
            If we would have had a typical winter and spring around here it would have been a different story. Luckily for them water temps are already in the 70's. Late June in a typical year they are typically in the lower 60's still. That 10-15 degrees probably saved their lives.

Comment

Thank you for posting your experience. I had a scare this weekend in seas much bigger than I wanted to be in and am re-evaluating how I am prepared. We stayed people side up, perhaps owing more to divine intervention than my boating skills. I picked up some ideas from your post, thanks. Glad you and yours made it home.

Comment

Good read.

Never set foot on my own boat without a lifejacket. Ditch bag contents - hand held 6W VHF with GPS and MMSI programmed in, rope to tie / hold everyone together in the water, flares, whistle, knife, waterproof floating flashlight / beacon.

Comment

AKboat wrote:
                  Thank you for posting your experience. I had a scare this weekend in seas much bigger than I wanted to be in and am re-evaluating how I am prepared. We stayed people side up, perhaps owing more to divine intervention than my boating skills. I picked up some ideas from your post, thanks. Glad you and yours made it home.
                  Not my story, just a fellow Lake Michigan fishermen that I don't know personally just follow his fishing blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X