VR5 with (34)ski tow pylon(34) option - anyone ever seen one??-gctid808113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR5 with (34)ski tow pylon(34) option - anyone ever seen one??-gctid808113

I notice when doing the build your own feature you can select the Xtreme tower, but there's also an option for Ski Tow Pylon.

Anyone have a picture of what that would look like, or where it would go? The Xtreme tower looks nice, for $2200 less if I can raise the tow point just a bit that would also be nice.. I don't wakeboard/etc all that much.

Pretty sure it just clips on to the stern of the boat somewhere.

After seeing the tower and integrated bimini top, the tower would be my choice...if for no other reason other than it makes the bimini rock-solid (seriously...you can do chin ups on the tower) and it makes stowing the bimini a snap.

Without it, the bimini mounts on the typical spindly tubing that woobbles and rattles when you are out on the water.
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

"Download_Complete" post=808162 wrote:

After seeing the tower and integrated bimini top, the tower would be my choice...if for no other reason other than it makes the bimini rock-solid (seriously...you can do chin ups on the tower) and it makes stowing the bimini a snap.

Without it, the bimini mounts on the typical spindly tubing that woobbles and rattles when you are out on the water.
      Agreed this is the best option for many reasons. If I could get this tower installed on my boat for reasonable price I would have it install.
      QuickChek over Wawa
      Taylor Ham not Pork Roll

2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
      Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP MPI Alpha 1 Gen II

Sold 2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
      Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

Sold 1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
      Evinrude 88 Special

Restoring 1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
      1992 Johnson 40HP

40°55'22.9"N 74°39'11.9"W

Comment

"Waterdowg" post=808172 wrote:

Agreed this is the best option for many reasons. If I could get this tower installed on my boat for reasonable price I would have it install.
        Check out Lenny's review of the VR5 over on Boats.com. He shows you how solid the tower is.

Admittedly, I was with the crew when they reviewed the boat that week, but we were all seriously impressed with the tower. I would almost go so far as to say I wish it was standard equipment.
        Matt Train
        BOC Site Team
        Chicagoland, IL

Comment

The tower is definitely nice.. I've seen those YouTube videos, rock solid.

I suppose I was just curious what the ski tow pylon would look like since I've never ever seen it and I've looked at a ton of photos now.

Comment

"Download_Complete" post=808179 wrote:
            "Waterdowg" post=808172 wrote:

Check out Lenny's review of the VR5 over on Boats.com. He shows you how solid the tower is.

Admittedly, I was with the crew when they reviewed the boat that week, but we were all seriously impressed with the tower. I would almost go so far as to say I wish it was standard equipment.
            Looks like Monster tower is now offering that tower on there site

https://www.monstertower.com/hs1-wakeboard-tower.html
            QuickChek over Wawa
            Taylor Ham not Pork Roll

2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
            Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP MPI Alpha 1 Gen II

Sold 2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
            Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

Sold 1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
            Evinrude 88 Special

Restoring 1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
            1992 Johnson 40HP

40°55'22.9"N 74°39'11.9"W

Comment

Innnnnnteresting.......
              Matt Train
              BOC Site Team
              Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Just in case you may be interest in the tower with integrated bimini, here's what the NEW version looks like for 2017.

Pair of Dual board racks were an option.

Comment

That's really cool, and another reason to get the arch.
                  Matt Train
                  BOC Site Team
                  Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Yet another reason that some may not think is a good one for the wakeboard tower (arch) is after having to always pull out my anchor light from in-floor ski storage of my 175 in the evening, the built in anchor LED light incorporated in the arch's tow point is great. No more fiddling around for that anchor light pole. It also adds a lot of rigidity to the bimini with it being incorporated.

Just can't wait to get out on the water, we just had state of emergency floods in my area and my local water way is still way too high for safe boating.

Comment

Working...
                    X