Water tank vent plugged-gctid808004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water tank vent plugged-gctid808004

Does anyone have an easy method for unplugging my water vent line? I filled the tank recently and, a couple days later, I noticed that my water tank had bulged up into a nice rounded tank. It ripped the board up underneath the bed in the rear stateroom.

Have you tried directing a strong stream of water through the vent opening on the hull?
    Alex
    Orange County, Ca.
    2001 3988
    Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

Fill out your profile so we know what kind of a boat you have. It sounds like you have more of an issue than just a plugged vent.

Might be a bad tank.
      1999 Bayliner Ciera 2655
      5.7 Bravo 3

Comment

open the filler cap in the cockpit area. If you get a steady force of air coming back at you that blows your toupee off your head your vent is plugged.

Last year I unplugged both potable and waste vent tanks...completely plugged. I looked at my waste tank when it was bulging as well. Do yourself a favor and check that one too.

There are many of us on here that cut in a good sized hatch in the deck just behind the lower helm which will explain a lot if you ever decide to do it.

Behind the table when stored there is a vertical fiberglass channel where the vent go through the bulkhead. Impossible to get at unless you cut in a access panel.
        Dan
        Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
        Claudia V. III
        1988 - 3218
        Gas Drives

Comment

Working...
        X