Which spray lubricants to use for saltwater protection?-gctid807752

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which spray lubricants to use for saltwater protection?-gctid807752

Nearly finished with boat repairs and maintenance after purchasing it last year (2052 Trophy Pro with diesel).

Now my question is in regards to the recommended lubricants for overall protection.

I've heard about various spray products (lithium, silicone, Boeshield T-9) and need to know what to use and where (cables, engine parts, trailer). I've heard protection is need from saltwater effects on the boat and trailer, and there should be treatments applied regularly. Also heard silicone is bad in rubber.

As you can tell, I need some direction and would appreciate some insight and recommendations.
    Songman
    2006 Trophy Pro 2052 - 1.7 liter Diesel
    Jacksonville, Florida

I use Corrosion X on pretty much everything, electrical connections included. Seems to work well and stays in place longer than most other products I've tried. I've also used wd40 to wipe down my engine, manifolds, heads, etc. But only because it's cheaper than corrosion X and readily available.

Comment

I use Blaster Corrosion StopBlaster Corrosion Stop. Works great!
      "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
      MMSI: 367637220
      HAM: KE7TTR
      TDI tech diver
      BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
      Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X