X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ar1ie
    Fresh Face
    • May 2017

Looking for a 1980(39)s 2060 Trophy Hard Top-gctid807364

I'm looking at 1983 2060. It has been re powered with 1998 Volvo (GM) Penta V8-350. Will it plane, is it a semi-displacement? I am taking it out for a sea trial so I'll find out. Just wondering if anyone knows. (BTW my first post) thx Arlie

Attached files

Nice looking rig for the age. It was a semi-displacement hull if I recall correctly but with a 350 in her she'll plane. They were lightly powered when new. She will need big trim tabs to control her on plane. Good looking kicker set up too. Looks like a rig I saw in Lake Ontario.

Comment

• CptCrunchie
      Supporting Member
      • Jun 2014

"Ar1ie" post=807364 wrote:
      I'm looking at 1983 2060. It has been re powered with 1998 Volvo (GM) Penta V8-350. Will it plane, is it a semi-displacement? I am taking it out for a sea trial so I'll find out. Just wondering if anyone knows. (BTW my first post) thx Arlie
      Welcome to BOC. It would help if you filled in your profile so we can better understand where you live, your experience and what you want to use the boat for. Then, in the future, if you have a question, we don't have to go back through your history to better address your question.

I have a 2459 with the same engine (but different OD), and my boat will do over 30kts, so yes, it should easily get on plane. However, I agree with Reel Power, you need trim tabs.
      "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
      MMSI: 367637220
      HAM: KE7TTR
      TDI tech diver
      BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
      Kevin

Comment

• 360_mafia
        Frequent Contributor
        • Sep 2016

I had same boat but with inboard/outboard.It will beat you to death in open ocean.Trim taps will help.Plus boat was cheap to run.Just got a bigger one with more fishing room.24 foot hard top

Comment

• Ar1ie
          Fresh Face
          • May 2017

I think I need a bigger prop. It’s a 17, jumps out of the hole, but only cruises at approx 20kts. I’m not towing skiers, I just want to get to my fishing spots.

Comment

Working...