Radar Mount 285 Cierra-gctid807221

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radar Mount 285 Cierra-gctid807221

I picked up a Garmin 18xHD radome to install on my 2007 285 Cierra. Running wires was no problem, but physically mounting the dome is tricky. The arch doesn't offer much space inside it for nuts and bolts, and I am certainly not going to be able to reach nuts inside the arch with the standard Garmin 9in square bolting pattern, without cutting a bigger access hatch. I was thinking of getting a SeaView mount, which mounts with a 5 inch square pattern. I might be able to do that without cutting a bigger hatch.

How have others mounted radar on their Bayliner arches?
    2007 Bayliner 285 - Mercruiser 350 MAG Bravo III - "Always $umthing"
    Boston, Massachusetts

"Flynny94" post=807221 wrote:
    I picked up a Garmin 18xHD radome to install on my 2007 285 Cierra. Running wires was no problem, but physically mounting the dome is tricky. The arch doesn't offer much space inside it for nuts and bolts, and I am certainly not going to be able to reach nuts inside the arch with the standard Garmin 9in square bolting pattern, without cutting a bigger access hatch. I was thinking of getting a SeaView mount, which mounts with a 5 inch square pattern. I might be able to do that without cutting a bigger hatch.

How have others mounted radar on their Bayliner arches?
    I don't have an arch, but I did mount mine on my roof with a SeaView mount. It too needs to be bolted down, but from the height of your arch, you will need to increase the height of the array to get it over your heads when you are on the flybridge.
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Comment

I used a Sea View mount for my 2855 on arch. Lowrance said the bimini frame may give the 3G some problems. was no trouble getting the mounting bolts with that. The mount needed a lean forward also. if i remember it was 15deg. for level operation.

Comment

Working...
      X