Boat envy-gctid397459

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat envy-gctid397459

Well, I've only owned my own boats for the last few years but I've become addicted very quickly.

I started out with a 21' OB sea ray. Fun little ski boat but soon wanted a cruiser. I purchased my 2355 this year and rented my first slip.

Now I walk the docks with boat envy. The guy that use to rent my slip upgraded to a 35' and has a 2855 for sale. He's asking way too much for the boat but I'm trying to convince him into trading my boat and my motorcycle straight across. Its a year newer and had A/C and heat.

Is this normal my little addiction?

It only gets worse. You're done, might as well enjoy it.

Comment

Boat Envy

Yea, I know that feeling!

Good news: it's not fatal

Bad news: it doesn't go away

Lexus, Porsche, Audis,,,,,,I don't care 2 hoots about 'em,,,,,I like my little Honda just fine.

But a large, sexy cruiser? Call me GREEN with envy

Comment

we were in Tavernier Key 2 wks ago and we we called it "boat shopping" for future (I mean way way way way way way down the road). we traveled down the canals looking at all the house and boats on the water and WOW their are some amazingly beautiful boats out there... we say a couple of catamarans that were jaw dropping.....

Comment

The thing that amazes me is how many beautiful boat that are out there and how many people have the money to buy and maintain them.

My boat is in a small lake in Colorado where we have a short seasonand there are still yachts that will make your head turn.

Comment

we started with a 21 foot bayliner... never got that lil thing in the water, had too many issues when we bought it... after walking the docks for a few years and surfing the net.. I found our 3888 on craigslist from a bank repo bid sale..... we called and got a showing and within 30 minutes of being on board.. we submitted our bid... the hardest part was watching 5 other people also being shown the boat and placing a bid too.. we had to wait TWO long weeks before the end of the bid period...... the best call I got was the banker saying we were high bidder...BUT would we needed go up 1000 more to close the deal.. hmmm... heck ya we did and it was ours..... I drove to the Capt's jobsite and broke the news to him.. something had been bugging me since I read the survey.. I went over it 20 times and with a highlighter... I found issues not right and called our banker. the surveyor cheated and cut and pasted items from 3-4 years prior as current.. so with lighter in hand I sat at the bankers desk and when I was done.. we got 4000 off our orignal bid.. oh ya queen of deals won against the big bankers... now we are 10000000000000000000000.000 more out of pocket for it.... lol

BOAT

Bring

ON

Another

Thousand

Comment

Unfortunately it never goes away, someone always has a fancier gadget, something more interesting or newer...lol

Comment

tank1023 wrote:
                Well, I've only owned my own boats for the last few years but I've become addicted very quickly.

I started out with a 21' OB sea ray. Fun little ski boat but soon wanted a cruiser. I purchased my 2355 this year and rented my first slip.

Now I walk the docks with boat envy. The guy that use to rent my slip upgraded to a 35' and has a 2855 for sale. He's asking way too much for the boat but I'm trying to convince him into trading my boat and my motorcycle straight across. Its a year newer and had A/C and heat.

Wait for winter now. Prices will drop again.

Comment

Yup. I thought I was over it when we got the 3055. It's a lot of boat, and a great design. Then a guy on our dock bought a 325. WOW. I mean, there are much huger and more luxurious boats here, but that one is in an attainable price range and in a size that is still easy to handle and maintain. But the features and luxury...simply awesome.

The $500k boats on the dock are pretty and all, but not attainable any time soon so no real envy there. They're just kind of a remote fantasy.

Comment

Working...
                  X